The Dilworth Criminal Law and Investigations Department provides a wide array of services to clients at all stages of an investigation, indictment, sentencing and appeal at the state and federal level. With the most renowned criminal defense trial lawyers in the region, Dilworth Paxson is able to provide superior representation to those facing the most serious of offenses. The Criminal and Investigations Department represents individuals as well as corporations facing government investigations, civil sanctions and criminal charges. We always strive to resolve matters before charges are filed and we provide compliance assistance to prevent investigations in the future, saving clients time, money, and reputational harm. We recognize that criminal investigations and charges affect clients in many ways. Because of this, our lawyers have extensive experience in crisis management, public relations and reputation management. Our lawyers in the Criminal and Investigations group have extensive trial experience and also represent clients in pretrial motions, at trial, at sentencing and on appeal.
Linda Dale Hoffa, Co-Chair of the Department, has served as the Chief of the Criminal Division for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and as the Pennsylvania Attorney General’s highest-ranking criminal prosecutor. Nina C. Spizer, Co-Chair of the Department, has served as the Chief of the Trial Unit of the Federal Community Defender for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Both have more than 30 jury trials each and extensive high profile trial experience. Andrew Leven served with distinction in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in New Jersey, where he prosecuted the largest physician bribery case in the United States. Lawyers in our Criminal Law and Investigations Department have been elected to the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers and the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
We have a team of lawyers experienced in governmental investigations, trial, sentencing, appellate work and habeas litigation. We also provide a myriad of services to companies who are either being investigated or who wish to avoid government investigations. Our attorneys work actively with corporate clients to develop, implement, and maintain compliance programs that work to prevent and detect potential violations before they occur. Drawing on our wealth of experience in health care fraud, we represent many clients in civil False Claims Act litigation and related debarment proceedings. We also represent clients in businesses subject to governmental oversight such as the Securities Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, as well as many other administrative and regulatory proceedings. Dilworth lawyers are also experienced in internal investigations of alleged corporate and organizational misconduct. The diversity in what we offer our clients allows us to address the needs of our clients, distinguishing Dilworth from other law firms.
- Nina C. Spizer Joins Dilworth Paxson as Partner & Co-Chair of Criminal Law Practice
- ALERT: New DOJ Policies Reward Companies for Fast Self-Disclosure and Claw Backs of Corporate Compensation
- Linda Dale Hoffa Wins Significant US Supreme Court Victory
- Dilworth Partner Invited to Join the International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Dilworth Named in 2022 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”
- Linda Dale Hoffa to Speak on PPP Loan Fraud at Women’s White Collar Criminal Defense Association Webinar
- Partner Linda Dale Hoffa to Present WebEx Seminar with Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Dilworth Co-Counsel in Philadelphia Federal Detention Center Detainees Class Action Lawsuit Demanding Protection from COVID-19
- Dilworth Adds Andrew Leven to White Collar & Government Investigations Group
- Sentencing Guidelines Amendments’ Impact on White-Collar Defense
- Dilworth’s Linda Dale Hoffa Appointed to Investigating Grand Jury Task Force by The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Dilworth Paxson’s James Eisenhower Will Appear On 6abc’s Inside Story On October 9
- Dilworth’s Linda Dale Hoffa Presents a Workshop & a CLE Session in June
- Dilworth Attorneys Named 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- Watch Linda Dale Hoffa on WFMZ-TV 69, a CNN affiliate, “The American Law Journal”
- Former Federal Prosecutor Joins White Collar Team at Dilworth Paxson LLP
- DOJ to Prosecute More Company Officials and Employees for Corporate Crimes
- What In-House Counsel Can Learn From Major League Baseball’s Computer Hacking Scandal
- Top Prosecutor Joins Dilworth Paxson LLP
- Truth and Consequences: Conducting Effective Test Security Investigations That Produce Admissible and Compelling Evidence for Later Use in Legal Proceedings