Joseph H. Jacovini
Member, Senior Leadership Team; Chair of Strategic & Financial Planning
Joseph H. Jacovini regularly represents clients in complex and sophisticated corporate matters and commercial transactions including mergers, acquisitions, and commercial agreements. Mr. Jacovini represents publicly held, private, and family-owned corporations and businesses in matters of governance, control transactions, and agreements. He also represents government entities and individuals in litigation matters.
He regularly counsels companies on strategic planning for public and private financings; proxy and other control contests; mergers and acquisitions; corporate reorganizations; and domestic and international litigation. Mr. Jacovini also advises on financial and accounting issues, as well as financings and securitizations.
Professional & Community Activities
- Chairman of the Board, Casa Farnese
- Board Member, Beyond Celiac
- Board Member, Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia
- Board Member, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - Delaware Chapter
- Board Member, LaFrance Corporation
- Board of Trustees, Drexel University, Drexel OnLine, and Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- Board of Trustees, Philadelphia Orchestra
- Former Acting Chairman of the Board, Philadelphia Orchestra, December 18, 2008 – September 2009
- Former Board Member, the Pennsylvania Lawyers Fund for Client Security
- Former Board Member and Chairman, Philadelphia Regional Port Authority and Ports of Philadelphia and Camden, Inc., appointed by Gov. Robert P. Casey
- Former Chairman, Pennsylvania State Education Delegation to People's Republic of China
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors, American Heart Association- Philadelphia Division
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation- Delaware Valley Chapter
- Former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Drexel University
- Former Protocol Chief, City Delegation to Tianjin, Peoples Republic of China
- Former Representative, City of Philadelphia Delegation to Republic of Argentina
- Former Visiting Professor of Law, Lewis & Clark Law School
- Breath of Life Award, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2015.
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Corporate Law, 2006 – 2019.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2004 – 2020.
- Drexel University, Honorary degree, 2004.
- Pinnacle Award, 2003.
- The Republic of Italy, Award of Merit Cavaliere Ufficale, 1988.
- M.A., Villanova University, 1967
- LL.B., Harvard Law School, 1965
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, 1962