Elizabeth Preate Havey
Elizabeth Preate Havey is a transactional attorney specializing in public and project finance matters involving tax-exempt and taxable bond issues for issuers ranging from municipalities, authorities, school districts, private universities, and hospitals. Liz also counsels municipalities in the monetization through sale or lease of municipal assets such as water/sewer systems. Liz represents corporations and non-profit organizations in corporate governance matters, employment agreements, service agreements and general corporate and securities transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and reorganizations. In addition to her transactional practice, Liz assists clients with their government relations needs, utilizing her long-standing professional relationships with key political players at the state, local, and federal levels.
- Acted as Bond Counsel to the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission for the issuance of Bridge System Revenue Refunding Bonds.
- Acted as Underwriter’s Counsel to Piper Jaffray in the issuance of $58,170,000 General Obligation Bonds for the County of Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Acted as Underwriter’s Counsel to BofA Securities, Inc. in the issuance of $45,000,000 Local Government Revenue Bonds, 2021 Series A for the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority .
- Represents towns such as Upper Pottsgrove and Towamencin Township in the sale of their sewer systems.
- Advised the City of Harrisburg in continuing disclosure compliance in the midst of its financial crisis.
- Represented issuers in IRS examinations of tax exempt bonds.
- Provides corporate governance and general corporate representation to the National Constitution Center.
- Provided assistance to a publically traded international corporation with respect to local and state regulatory issues.
- Provides counsel to local businesses in navigating the local approval process and political landscape.
Professional & Community Activities
- Governing Board of the Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority, Appointed March 2021
- Chair, Montgomery County Republican Committee, 2018 – present
- Secretary, Pennsylvania Republican Party, 2020 - present
- Vice Chair and Council Member, The Pennsylvania Society, 2017 – present
- Merit Selection Panel for Federal Magistrate Judge Rice and Judge Strawbridge, 2020
- Member, Forum of Executive Women 2020 - present
- Counsel and Board Member, Pennsylvania Opportunity (PAC), 2019 - present
- Advisory Board Member, Mid Penn Bank 2019 - present
- Board Member, Belmont Charter School Network, 2017 – present
- Co-Chair of Friends of Rittenhouse Square 2018 Ball on the Square
- Board Member, Friends of Rittenhouse Square, 2018 - 2020
- Board Member, Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority, 2014 – present
- PA Association of Bond Lawyers and National Association of Bond Lawyers, 2005 – present
- Board Member, The Pennsylvania Future Fund, 2010 – 2019
- Chair, Lower Merion and Narberth Republican Committee, 2014 – 2018; Executive Committee, 2002 – 2010
- Board Member, Pennsylvania Interbranch Commission for Fairness, 2010 – 2014
- Board of Governors of Justinian Society, 2002 – 2010
- Co-Chair, Beccaria Award Ceremony for the Justinian Society, 2007 – present
- Member, Transition Team for the Pennsylvania Attorney General-Elect Tom Corbett, 2004
- Co-Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Women in the Professional Committee’s Annual Luncheon and Awards ceremony, 2003
- Deans Advisory Board Member, MCP Hahnemann University, College of Nursing and Health Professionals, 2002 – 2003
- Chairwoman, Wheels Medical Transportation Annual Awards Dinner, 2001
Speeches & Presentations
- Moderated events with nationally-regarded speakers (2014 - present): Kellyanne Conway, Bill Kristol, Gretchen Carlson, Kimberly Guilfoyle, and The Committee to Unleash Prosperity (Steve Forbes, Larry Kudlow, Steve Moore and Art Laffer).
- Since 2018, acts as a regular panelist on 6ABC’s Inside Story – a weekly roundtable focusing on issues facing Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Elected delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention and appeared on national television shows on FOX News, MSNBC, and CNN discussing the race.
- Presented seminars in 2011, 2012 and 2013 titled “How to Run for Office and Win” for Montgomery County Women’s Leadership.
- 2001 Awarded the MS Leadership Award by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- 2019 Dennis Sharkey Leadership Award by Republican Committee of Lower Merion and Narberth.
Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1997
- Editor of Journal of International Economic Law
- Member of American Inns of Court
- B.S., cum laude, Business Administration, Villanova University, 1993
- Banner Award Recipient at Graduation
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997