Elizabeth Preate Havey
Elizabeth Preate Havey has acted as Bond Counsel and Underwriter’s Counsel in numerous public and project finance matters involving tax-exempt and taxable bond issues for issuers ranging from counties, townships, state authorities, municipal authorities and sewer authorities, school districts, private universities, and hospitals and other health care facilities. Liz has also handled corporate governance matters, employment agreements and general corporate and securities transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, venture capital investments, and partnering arrangements, corporate restructuring, and reorganizations.
- Acted as Bond counsel to the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission for the issuance of Bridge System Revenue Refunding Bonds.
- Acted as Underwriter’s Counsel to Piper Jaffray in the issuance of $58,170,000 General Obligation Bonds (Tax-Exempt) for the County of Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Acted as Bond Counsel to the Monroe Industrial Development Authority for the issuance of its Tax-Exempt Bonds for the Notre Dame Junior and Senior High School Project.
- Acted as Bond Counsel to the Delaware County Authority for the issuance of its $140,505,000 Villanova University Revenue Bonds.
- Acted as Bond Counsel in the issuance of $35,000,000 of bonds consisting of $28,755,000 General Obligation Bonds (Federally Taxable - Build America Bonds) and $6,245,000 General Obligation Bonds (Tax-Exempt) for the County of Montgomery.
- Acted as Underwriter's Counsel to PNC Capital Markets in the issuance of several series of General Obligation Bonds totaling approximately $60,000,000 by the County of Montgomery, some federally taxable, others tax-exempt.
- Acted as Bond Counsel to Lower Perkiomen Valley Regional Sewer Authority in the issuance of two series of tax-exempt General Obligation Bonds in a bifurcated closing.
- Advised the City of Harrisburg in continuing disclosure compliance in the midst of its financial crisis.
- Acted as Bond Counsel to the Township of Abington and to the Township of Horsham in the issuance of General Obligation Bonds.
- Provided corporate governance and general corporate representation to the National Constitution Center.
- Negotiated employment agreements and non-compete agreements for executives at the National Constitution Center and other non-profit and for-profit companies.
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, Belmont Charter School Network, 2017 – present
- Board Member, The Pennsylvania Society, 2017 – present
- Board Member, Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority, 2014 – present
- PA Association of Bond Lawyers and National Association of Bond Lawyers, 2005 – present
- Member, Ladies First (a non-profit organization providing educational and networking opportunities for public finance professionals), 2011 – present
- Board Member, The Pennsylvania Future Fund (largest pro-growth political action committee in the state), 2010 – present
- Chair, Lower Merion and Narberth Republican Committee, 2014 – present; Executive Committee, 2002 – 2010
- Board Member, Pennsylvania Interbranch Commission for Fairness, 2010 – 2014
- Board of Governors of Justinian Society, 2002 – 2010
- Co-Chair, Beccaria Award Ceremony for the Justinian Society, 2007 – present
- Member, Transition Team for the Pennsylvania Attorney General-Elect Tom Corbett, 2004
- Co-Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Women in the Professional Committee’s Annual Luncheon and Awards ceremony, 2003
- Deans Advisory Board Member, MCP Hahnemann University, College of Nursing and Health Professionals, 2002 – 2003
- Chairwoman, Wheels Medical Transportation Annual Awards Dinner, 2001
Speeches & Presentations
- Moderated events as Chair of RCLMN with nationally-regarded speakers (2014-2016): Kellyanne Conway, Bill Kristol, Gretchen Carlson and The Committee to Unleash Prosperity (Steve Forbes, Larry Kudlow, Steve Moore and Art Laffer).
- Elected delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention and has appeared on national television shows on FOX News, MSNBC, and CNN discussing the race.
- Presented seminars in 2011, 2012 and 2013 titled “How to Run for Office and Win” for Montgomery County Women’s Leadership.
- 2001 Awarded the MS Leadership Award by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1997
- Editor of Journal of International Economic Law
- Member of American Inns of Court
- B.S., cum laude, Business Administration, Villanova University, 1993
- Banner Award Recipient at Graduation
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997