Elizabeth Preate Havey
Elizabeth Preate Havey is a transactional attorney specializing in public and project finance matters involving tax-exempt and taxable bond issues for issuers ranging from counties, townships, governmental authorities, school districts, private universities, and hospitals and other health care facilities. Liz also represents corporations and non-profit organizations in corporate governance matters, employment agreements and general corporate and securities transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and reorganizations and service agreements. In addition to her transactional practice, Liz assists clients with their government relations needs, utilizing her long-standing professional relationships with key political players at the state, local, and federal levels.
- Acted as Bond counsel to the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission for the issuance of Bridge System Revenue Refunding Bonds.
- Acted as Underwriter’s Counsel to Piper Jaffray in the issuance of $58,170,000 General Obligation Bonds (Tax-Exempt) for the County of Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Acted as Bond Counsel to the Delaware County Authority for the issuance of its $140,505,000 Villanova University Revenue Bonds.
- Acted as Bond Counsel in the issuance of $35,000,000 of bonds consisting of $28,755,000 General Obligation Bonds (Federally Taxable - Build America Bonds) and $6,245,000 General Obligation Bonds (Tax-Exempt) for the County of Montgomery.
- Advised the City of Harrisburg in continuing disclosure compliance in the midst of its financial crisis.
- Represented issuers in IRS examinations of tax exempt bonds.
- Provides corporate governance and general corporate representation to the National Constitution Center.
- Negotiated employment agreements and non-compete agreements for executives at the National Constitution Center and other non-profit and for-profit companies.
- Represented banks in the negotiation of the sale and purchase of bank loans.
- Provided assistance to a publically traded international corporation with respect to local and state regulatory issues.
- Provides counsel to local businesses in navigating the local approval process and politcal landscape.
Professional & Community Activities
- Chairwoman of the Montgomery County Republican Committee, 2018 - present
- Advisory Board Member, Mid Penn Bank
- Board Member, Friends of Rittenhouse Square, 2018 - present
- Co-Chair of Friends of Rittenhouse Square 2018 Ball on the Square
- Board Member, Belmont Charter School Network, 2017 – present
- Secretary and Council Member, The Pennsylvania Society, 2017 – present
- Board Member, Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority, 2014 – present
- PA Association of Bond Lawyers and National Association of Bond Lawyers, 2005 – present
- Member, Ladies First (a non-profit organization providing educational and networking opportunities for public finance professionals), 2011 – present
- Board Member, The Pennsylvania Future Fund, 2010 – 2019
- Chair, Lower Merion and Narberth Republican Committee, 2014 – 2018; Executive Committee, 2002 – 2010
- Board Member, Pennsylvania Interbranch Commission for Fairness, 2010 – 2014
- Board of Governors of Justinian Society, 2002 – 2010
- Co-Chair, Beccaria Award Ceremony for the Justinian Society, 2007 – present
- Member, Transition Team for the Pennsylvania Attorney General-Elect Tom Corbett, 2004
- Co-Chair, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Women in the Professional Committee’s Annual Luncheon and Awards ceremony, 2003
- Deans Advisory Board Member, MCP Hahnemann University, College of Nursing and Health Professionals, 2002 – 2003
- Chairwoman, Wheels Medical Transportation Annual Awards Dinner, 2001
Speeches & Presentations
- Moderated events with nationally-regarded speakers (2014 - present): Kellyanne Conway, Bill Kristol, Gretchen Carlson, Kimberly Guilfoyle, and The Committee to Unleash Prosperity (Steve Forbes, Larry Kudlow, Steve Moore and Art Laffer).
- Since 2018, acts as a regular panelist on 6ABC’s Inside Story – a weekly roundtable focusing on issues facing Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
- Elected delegate to the 2016 Republican National Convention and has appeared on national television shows on FOX News, MSNBC, and CNN discussing the race.
- Presented seminars in 2011, 2012 and 2013 titled “How to Run for Office and Win” for Montgomery County Women’s Leadership.
- 2001 Awarded the MS Leadership Award by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- 2019 Dennis Sharkey Leadership Award by Republican Committee of Lower Merion and Narberth.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1997
- Editor of Journal of International Economic Law
- Member of American Inns of Court
- B.S., cum laude, Business Administration, Villanova University, 1993
- Banner Award Recipient at Graduation
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997