Dilworth Paxson’s Corporate and Business Department lawyers regularly engage in advising a wide variety of businesses on matters including:
- Business governance
- Business planning for closely-held businesses
- Financing transactions
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions/business combinations
- Stock options
- Business formation and dissolution
- Venture capital projects
- Executive employment agreements
- Executive compensation issues
- Other business and commercial transactions
The firm's corporate and business practices range from structuring and carrying out complex and sophisticated transactions, both domestic and international, to providing daily guidance to our clients on matters involving business governance, commercial dealings, regulatory issues, and business relationships. Our clients include publicly- and privately-held companies, family-owned businesses, and entrepreneurs and investors. Our lawyers seek to develop close relationships with our clients, enabling them to anticipate problems, offer strategic advice, and help avert troubling problems ahead.
Dilworth Paxson’s Corporate and Business Department strives to provide a complete range of legal services to our business clients by capitalizing on our interdisciplinary resources. In order to reach this goal many of our business lawyers are also involved in other practice areas such as our Banking & Financial Services Group, Bankruptcy & Insolvency Group, White Collar/Corporate Investigations Group, Employee Benefits Group, Intellectual Property Group, Labor & Employment Group, Public Finance Group, Real Estate Group, Securities Group, Tax Group, and Trusts & Estates Group.
- Handled the acquisition of major Philadelphia daily newspapers.
- Represented a publicly-held bank in reorganizing into a bank holding company and concurrent stock and cash merger with another publicly-held bank holding company.
- Represented selling shareholders in the sale of a customs broker to a private equity portfolio company.
- Represented a private company in a stock and cash merger that created the largest association of independent truck leasing companies in the United States and Canada.
- Represented stockholders of a fitness company in the recapitalization and partial sale to a private equity fund.
- Represented the buyer of the assets of a window and door manufacturing business from a major private equity firm.
- Representation of the controlling shareholders of Erie Indemnity Company in shareholders derivative claims.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in the sale of its retail fuel delivery division.