Rosemary J. Loverdi
Partner; Executive Committee Member; Co-Chair, Procurement Practice Group
Rosemary Loverdi focuses her practice in corporate structuring and all aspects of transactional commercial real estate, where she regularly counsels clients in the acquisition, sales, development, construction, financing, and leasing of mixed-use, condominiums, office, warehouse, hospitality, and retail projects. Her clients include real estate developers, family-owned real estate investment funds, economic development authorities, construction companies, manufacturers, retailers and other middle-market companies. Over her career, she has represented landlords and tenants, lenders and borrowers, contractors and owners, and sellers and purchasers of real estate, developing an understanding of the concerns of both parties to a transaction.
Rosemary has also developed experience in governmental procurement matters, including structuring requests for proposals (RFP), invitations to bid (IFB), and contracts for governmental authorities and agencies. These representations have included both defending and bringing bid protests.
Committed to raising awareness regarding how heart disease and stroke affect women, Rosemary has served as a member of the board of the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women campaign since 2007, raising significant funds for the campaign over that period.
- Represented century-old family-owned manufacturing company in a complex sale-leaseback transaction, which included the buyout of a minority partner, restructuring of corporate entities, structuring the transaction to maintain entitlement to tax credits, and modifications to a credit facility
- Represented a medical provider with ten office locations in a sale and leaseback with a national net-lease REIT
- Represented a global supplier of packaging products in the development of new manufacturing facilities in the United States, and other leasing needs.
- Represented a global logistics company in real estate leasing through the country
- Represented SEPTA in a public-private partnership involving a ground lease development for a life sciences building with a crew quarters component
- Represented a local economic development corporation as lender in a Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP) bridge loan and as landlord in a lease purchase agreement with an industrial user at The Philadelphia Navy Yard.
- Represented an apartment and market-rate student housing developer in acquisitions and financings for development projects, including creation of a condominium regime for a historic-tax credit project.
- Represented SEPTA in its procurement of a “smart card” new payment technologies system, the procurement of railcars for its regional rail transit system, and in a variety of sustainability projects under the Guaranteed Energy Savings Act.
Professional & Community Activities
- President of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Philadelphia , 2020
- Board of Directors CREW Greater Philadelphia – (2015-2021); Chair of Strategic Planning Task Force (2021); President-Elect (2019); Executive Secretary (2015 – 2018), Chair of the Bylaws Task Force (2015-2016)
- Member of the Budget & Audit Subcommittee, The Union League of Philadelphia
- Member of the Board of the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women campaign (2017 to present)
- Member of the March of Dimes Transportation, Building & Construction Awards Luncheon Board (2016 – 2018)
- Co-Chair of the Development Committee for Green Building United (formerly Delaware Valley Green Building Council) (2015 – 2016)
- Member, The Forum of Executive Women
- Member, The Union League of Philadelphia
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Rutgers University School of Law Alumni Mentor
Speeches & Presentations
- Presentation, Commercial Agreements of Sale, Real Estate Institute, Thursday, December 5, 2019.
- Panelist, The Impact of the Real Estate Market on the U.S. Economy, Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
- Moderator, Bisnow's 3rd Annual Future of the Navy Yard and South Philly event, July 16, 2014.
- Listed in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2013, 2018–2020
- Philadelphia Magazine, Top 100 Attorneys In Philadelphia, 2020
- Legacy Leader Award–CREW Greater Philadelphia, 2020
- Biznow Philly Power Women, 2019
- Member-to-Member Business Award–CREW Philadelphia, 2019
- Outstanding Member at Large–CREW Philadelphia, 2016
No aspect of these rankings has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
- J.D., with honors, Rutgers School of Law - Camden, 1993
- Member of Rutgers Law Journal (1991-1993)
- Symposium Editor of Rutgers Law Journal (1992-1993)
- B.S., with highest honors, Rutgers University, 1990
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- New Jersey, 1993
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1994
- United States District Court District of New Jersey, 1993