Gregory F. Cirillo
Partner; Co-Chair, Litigation Department; Executive Committee Member
Gregory Cirillo focuses his practice on plaintiff and defense tort litigation as well as general complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on construction accident litigation. He has been involved in several complex civil cases in which he recovered significant damages for parties, including the Flight 800 air disaster litigation. During his career, he has received numerous awards, verdicts, and settlements exceeding $1 million. He also has handled litigation matters that involved contract disputes, defense of asbestos cases, construction and business disputes, insurance coverage disputes, shareholder derivative disputes, real estate disputes, class actions and auto and premises liability cases.
Greg dedicates a significant portion of his practice to working on governmental and sovereign immunity issues in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He has more than 25 years of experience handling these matters.
Greg has been a member of Dilworth’s Executive Committee since 2001.
- Represented a state agency in litigation over agency's compliance with federal Medicaid law and regulations.
- Represented a plaintiff truck driver who sustained life-threatening personal injuries received when he was crushed by bundled lumber that fell while being removed from his truck by a forklift at a construction job site. Defendants included the forklift operator, the general contractor, and the construction manager/site owner. Notwithstanding significant comparative negligence issues raised by the defendants, the plaintiff received a confidential seven-figure award after a seven-day alternate dispute resolution.
- Represented a trailer leasing company in breach of contract claims involving creditor issues.
- Represented governmental agencies in defense of tort matters involving serious personal injuries and death.
- Represented a third-party administrator of group health plans in breach of contract/fraud claims.
- Obtained a top-50 judgment in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 2006 in a dispute involving a complex lease transaction.
Professional & Community Activities
- Senior Hearing Committee Member, Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Philadelphia Bar Association, 2005 - 2007
- Former Member, Philadelphia Bar Association/PA State Civil Litigation Committee
- Member, Justinian Society Board of Governors
- Vice-Chancellor, Justinian Society, 2016 - present
- Secretary, Justinian Society, 2014 - 2016
- Treasurer, Justinian Society, 2012 - 2014
- Member, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association,1986 - present
- Board Member, Lawyers Club of Philadelphia, 2010 - present
- Member, Philadelphia Association for Justice
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association
- Chairman, Dilworth Paxson United Way Campaign Committee, 2005 - 2010
- Spearheaded Dilworth’s involvement in the Homeless Advocacy Project
- Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Board Member, Terri Lynne Lokoff Child Care Foundation
- Selected as a Super Lawyer by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Magazine in 2007 - 2009, 2011 - 2015. Only five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected to receive this honor.
- First Judicial District of PA Pro Bono Award, 2008
News / Events
Events / Speaking Engagements
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1986
- B.A., cum laude, Villanova University, Pi Sigma Alpha, Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Delta Phi, 1983
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- Supreme Court Pennsylvania, 1986
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1987
- United States District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2011