Martin J. Weis is a partner in the firm’s Philadelphia and Wilmington offices and concentrates his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, restructuring and creditor’s rights. He has represented almost every constituency in bankruptcy cases including debtors; secured creditors; committees; trade creditors; taxing authorities; employees; officers and directors; landlords; critical vendors; leasing companies; and asset purchasers. His secured creditor representations have included traditional and non-traditional lenders in both state and federal courts.
Representative industries have included automotive; biotech; chemical; financial services; behavioral health; railroads; pharmaceutical; internet service providers; trucking; real estate development; and food industries.
State Court experience includes representations in trial and appellate courts in Pennsylvania and Delaware, including the Delaware Superior Court and Court of Chancery. National experience includes representing defendants in adversary proceedings; creditors in state court receiverships; and leasing companies in bankruptcy matters.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association (Bankruptcy Law Section)
- Member, Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
- Arbitrator, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Mediator, Delaware and Middle and Eastern Districts of PA Bankruptcy Courts (commercial and consumer cases)
- Volunteer, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
- Volunteer, Delaware Volunteer Legal Services, Inc.
- Business Advisory Council, Beyond Celiac
- Selected to appear in the 2006 – 2020 editions of Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, as a Leader in his field.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (multiple years).
- Martindale Hubbell AV rated.
Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
- Six Dilworth Attorneys to Chambers USA 2022 Guide
- 6 Dilworth Attorneys Named to Chambers 2021
- Five Dilworth Attorneys Honored for Outstanding Legal Work in Chambers USA 2019
- Dilworth Attorneys Recognized Again for Bankruptcy/Restructuring Work In Chambers USA 2018
- Dilworth Attorneys Ranked Again In Chambers USA 2017
- Five Dilworth Attorneys Ranked In Chambers USA 2016
- Chambers USA 2014 Ranks Dilworth Attorneys Among the Best in Pennsylvania and New Jersey