Leah Renee Bartlome offers clients a positive and proactive approach to insurance-related litigation and commercial disputes. She represents businesses and individuals in actions for breach of contract, insurance coverage, insurance defense, consumer fraud, products liability, arbitration, and mediation. She also advises clients in connection with pre-litigation activity and strategy. Leah’s practice is imbued with attention to detail, clear and effective communication, innovative problem solving, and professionalism.
- Represented one of the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance carriers in coverage litigation brought by its policyholder, a quasi-governmental business entity, in the Eastern District of New York. Policyholder sought coverage for $67.2 million in environmental cleanup costs. Litigated novel choice of law considerations necessitated by the absence of binding authority by the highest local court, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals.
- Defended high-profile chemical and additive supplier against $17 million claim by multinational corporation for breach of contract and consumer fraud.
- Obtained summary judgment for a regional facility services provider in defense of negligence, respondeat superior, and other claims brought by dozens of office workers in New Jersey. In a separate action, obtained summary judgment for same client, in connection with negligence claims brought by a national retailer.
- Represented a New York City-based architectural firm in AAA arbitration for breach of contract against construction contractor and its related alter ego entities.
- Obtained dismissal of numerous products liability actions against client, a household-name manufacturer.
- Affected pre-litigation settlement of clients’ claims against a residential contractor for thousands of dollars in damages related to breach of contract, negligence, consumer fraud, and other statutory claims.
- Counseled and represented numerous skilled trade contractors seeking liens against real property to secure unpaid work, including the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Professional & Community Activities
- Young Lawyers Division of the New Jersey State Bar Association - Executive Board Member; Dictum, Associate Editor
- Wills For Heroes - Volunteer
- Dunellen Downtown Management Organization – Member
- Carnegie Business Collaborative - Member
News / Events
- J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., International Studies, Sociology, American University, 2007
- New Jersey, 2010
- New York, 2011
- United States District Court New Jersey, 2010