Join Us for a Webinar Panel Discussion: What’s on the Horizon in Privacy and Data Security?
***If you missed the webinar or would like to review the material, you can view a recording of the session here: What’s on the Horizon in Privacy and Data Security?***
What to Know:
- Date: Thursday, September 8
- Time: 12:00pm ET
- GoToWebinar: Registration Is Now Closed
Topics of discussion include:
- How a cyber insurance policy covers a data breach affecting your vendors/business associates.
- How to dovetail the indemnification provisions of vendor/BA agreements into appropriate cyber insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the terms of my vendor/BA agreement don’t jeopardize your cyber insurance coverage.
- When a signed Business Associate Agreements on file for your vendors may not be enough.
- What to do when a BA(s) refuses to sign a BAA because they say it doesn’t apply to them.
- What steps to take to discover if your BA’s are compliant with the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Where the OCR is with the auditing process.
- The OCR’s current stance on conducting more widespread investigations and imposing fines. What are some of the largest fines and why were they so large?
- If the OCR takes into account if you have cyber insurance, and if so, how does it affect any settlements with the OCR?
Renee is a recognized leader with extensive experience in the compliance and data breach response industries, providing and coordinating a variety of legal and professional services and audit products to identify, manage and remediate risk vis-à-vis the privacy, security, and breach notification regulations promulgated under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
Jordan is an insurance coverage attorney with the Philadelphia-based law firm Dilworth Paxson. Jordan litigates complex coverage disputes across a variety of contexts, advises insurance carriers on coverage issues, and specializes in counseling those that are procuring or renewing cyber insurance coverage. Jordan often presents to lawyers and industry groups on cyber insurance coverage issues, and he maintains the Cyber insurance Law Blog at www.databreachninja.com.
Angie Singer Keating
Angie brings a diversified background as the CEO of Recamier with over 20 years of experience specializing in computer forensics, data destruction, security incident response, information technology risk management, and systems auditing. Ms. Keating and the Reclamere Data Security Experts team provides consultancy in: eDiscovery & litigation support, forensic analysis, data breach response, notification & compliance, and compliance & risk management services (HIPAA, PCI, GLB, SOX).
Brian joined The Safegard Group, Inc. in April 2005 and serves as the Healthcare Practice Leader for the company. He is primarily responsible for the direction of client services to the healthcare industry. Brian helps many of his clients with Risk Management initiatives, such as Risk Assessments, Data Breach Incident Response Planning, Contractual Risk Transfer, Insurance Protection, Loss Control, Claims Management, and a host of other related services.