Dilworth Paxson draws on its storied history and deep bench of politically experienced and connected practitioners to help clients navigate the complex web of sometimes-conflicting rules regulating political activity, ultimately helping you accomplish high-stakes policy goals at all levels of government.
Dilworth advises its clients — including elected officials, candidates, political action committees, businesses and individuals — on compliance with political and election laws and related litigation and investigations at all levels of courts, election and ethics commissions and other government agencies.
Our expertise runs the gamut of a complete political endeavor from start to finish:
- Campaign finance compliance and other financial disclosures
- Lobbying registration and reporting
- Media and political advertising law and compliance
- Nonprofit formation and tax advice
- Ethics obligations and enforcement action defense
- Candidate and initiative ballot access
- Voting rights and election protection
- Public law litigation and administrative proceedings
While Dilworth helps its client meet the requirements of the law, its attorneys also understand political and public relations consequences. Dilworth’s counsel in political matters is holistic, offering not just legal advice, but political advice as well.
The law firm of Governor Bob Casey Sr., Secretary of Transportation William T. Coleman Jr., and, of course, Mayor Richardson Dilworth, Dilworth attorneys include current and former elected officials from Congress to township commissioner, party officials including county political party chair and solicitor, the founding executive director of the Pennsylvania Office of Open Records, general counsel and solicitor to state and county government agencies, and former staffers from the White House to City Hall.