The Plaintiffs’ Rights Practice Group at Dilworth Paxson represents plaintiffs in intellectual property disputes, class actions (related to antitrust, securities, and consumer protection), qui tam (whistleblower) litigation, wage and hour litigation, and representation of bankruptcy trustees. The representation of plaintiffs may be as primary counsel, co-counsel, or referring counsel. The Plaintiffs’ Rights Practice Group allows the Firm to leverage its experienced and proficient litigation attorneys and its network of contacts to obtain recoveries for injured parties. Dilworth’s work on behalf of injured plaintiffs dates back to Harold Kohn, who pioneered the modern-day class action lawsuit.
- Represent plaintiffs in potential class action antitrust matter regarding retail sale of contact lenses.
- Represent more than 15 local government units, as well as relators in false claims actions, in cases regarding telephone companies’ collection and remittance of fees to fund 911 emergency services.
- Represent plaintiffs in a potential consumer protection class action regarding the unlawful issuance of health-first personal injury protection (PIP) policies to individuals covered by Medicare and Medicaid.
- Represent the City of Philadelphia in litigation derived from the deceptive marketing of opioids.
- Represent plaintiffs in traumatic injury and wrongful death matters.
- Represent Chapter 7 and 11 trustees in Delaware and New Jersey bankruptcy proceedings including contested matters and associated litigation.
News / Events