Our Mergers & Acquisitions practice group represents public and private businesses and individuals in public and private M&A transactions throughout the United States. We have represented clients in transactions ranging in size from under one million dollars to in excess of $3 billion.
Dilworth Paxson’s approach to mergers and acquisitions is to staff transactions leanly, compared to other sophisticated transaction practices. In most cases, a partner will have significant hands-on involvement in the matter and will generally work with only one corporate associate on each transaction. We are able to bring in specialists in tax, employment law, employee benefits, intellectual property, real estate and other areas of law when needed in view of a particular transaction. The attorneys in our M&A practice group also provide the necessary skills in securities laws and financing so that we can complete transactions with minimal “hand offs” to other attorneys in the firm, increasing our efficiency.
Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, non-profit organizations, private equity portfolio companies and closely-held businesses. Their industries include manufacturing, publication, insurance, banking and other services. Regardless of the size or nature of the transaction, we work hard to ensure that our clients’ expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Represented a large multinational corporation in the sale of its refrigerant business for approximately $220 million (pending).
- Represented a large non-profit health insurance company in the sale of a worker’s compensation insurance company to a publicly-traded property and casualty insurer for approximately $90 million.
- Represented an investment group in the financing and acquisition of a media company for $515 million.
- Represented a large publicly-held professional services company in the sale of a multinational consulting business for $70 million.
- Represented senior executives in $200 million sale of specialty chemical company.
- Represented the founders in the sale of a privately-held data services business to a large information services company for $20.8 million.
- Represented a publicly-traded company in the acquisition of the stock of privately held Canadian SaaS company.
- Represented the owners in the sale of a toy business to a large private equity firm for approximately $26 million.
- Represented a large publicly-held energy company in the $82.5 million asset sale involving spin-off of a retail division.
- Represented a private high-tech manufacturing company in a private equity investment and $100 million valuation sale of control transaction.
- Represented global professional services company in the purchase of an employee benefits business for $67 million.
- Represented a Philadelphia based managed care holding company in a $40 million acquisition of a behavioral health company.
- Represented a private corporation in the acquisition of the assets of a FinTech company for approximately $10 million.
- Represented 50% shareholder of a New York corporation in an $85 million stock redemption / business divorce transaction.
- Represented sellers in $30 million sale of auto dealerships and related real estate in Western Pennsylvania.
- Represented a fitness corporation in the sale of equity interests totaling in $30 million.
- Represented a brokerage and freight forwarding company in the sale of equity interests for $60 million.
News / Events