Dilworth Paxson’s Banking & Financial Services Group regularly represents banks, finance companies, national and regional mortgage lenders, savings associations, credit unions, and other financial institutions in a wide variety of lending and other financing transactions, including:
- Commercial and real estate loan documentation
- Loan participations
- Letter of credit facilities
- Asset bond loan documentation
The group's lawyers also provide representation to the firm’s corporate, real estate and other business clients in:
- Negotiation and documentation of credit facilities
- Equipment leases
- Factoring arrangements
- Private placements
- A variety of other financing transactions.
In addition, our lawyers represent banks and other financial institutions in a broad range of corporate and regulatory matters. We provide advice to banking clients in:
- Merger and acquisition transactions
- Formation of bank holding companies
- Public and private offering of securities
- Chartering new financial institutions
Moreover, the Banking & Financial Services Group’s lawyers provide advice and assistance to the firm’s financial institution clients with respect to varied federal and state bank regulatory matters, including branch applications, formation of subsidiaries and examination issues.
We work closely with other practice groups to address any special problems or concerns that arise during the representation of lenders, including issues involving a borrower’s intellectual property and licensing rights, environmental problems and corporate governance issues.
- Represented several local, regional, and national banks in loan workouts and restructuring.
- Represented large region lenders in various commercial and real estate loans.
- Represented a regional bank in the financing of a water park facility in the Poconos.