Dilworth attorneys Darwin R. Beauvais and Meredith L. Ferleger will be panelists at the “Philadelphia Real Estate Tax Briefing 2018” CLE program at the Philadelphia Bar Association on Wednesday, August 29 from 12:00 PM to 3:15 PM. Darwin is a Firm Partner and Chair of the Firm’s Zoning and Land Use practice group, and Meredith is an Associate in the Zoning and Land Use practice group. Both are members of the Firm's Real Estate practice group.
In light of recent legislative proposals to revise real estate tax rates, impose oversight on assessments, modify exemptions and reduce or eliminate available abatements, there has never been a more critical time for attorneys to familiarize themselves with the practices and complexities of the Office of Property Assessment and Board of Revision of Taxes.
Topics will include:
- Office of Property Assessment and Board of Revision of Taxes Overview
- Real estate assessment law, process and unique cases
- Appeals of real estate assessments including First Level Reviews, appeals to the Board of Revision of Taxes and appeals to Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Abatements and Exemptions: process and common challenges
- Critical case law and recent decisions
- Future outlook
Drew Aldinger, Esq.
Chief Deputy City Solicitor
Office of Property Assessment
Robert N.C. Nix III, Esq.
Board of Revision of Taxes
Office of Property Assessment (OPA)
This session offers 3 CLE credits (2 SUB/1 ETH), and will be held at the Philadelphia Bar Association’s office in the 11th Floor Conference Center at 1101 Market Street.
For more information and to register, please click here.