Dilworth attorneys Darwin R. Beauvais, Chair of the Firm’s Zoning and Land Use Practice Group, and Meredith L. Ferleger will be speakers at the “Philadelphia Zoning & Land Use 2018: A Primer on Process, Tactics and Inner-Workings of Philadelphia Development” seminar at the Philadelphia Bar Association on Thursday, April 19, from 12:00 PM to 3:15 PM.
Zoning and land use in Philadelphia is ever-changing. Whether you are a seasoned professional or a newly minted lawyer, the complexities of navigating the Philadelphia development process remain consistent throughout your career. In this comprehensive three-hour seminar, you will learn about the current state of the inner-workings of the Philadelphia zoning process from those who interpret and enforce the rules and regulations.
Topics will include:
- Navigating the Philadelphia Zoning Code
- Process and procedures for obtaining zoning approval for a new proposal including new uses, construction or renovation, and lot line changes
- Registered Community Organizations: organization, obligations, challenges and strategies
- Managing interaction with City agencies including the Planning Commission, Streets Department, Water Department, Art Commission, Historical Commission, City Council, the Board of License and Inspection Review, Office of Property Assessment and the Health Department
- Appeals to the Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Permit expiration, modification and extension
- Building Permit considerations and appeals to the Board of Building Standards
- Appeals of zoning approvals to the Court of Common Pleas
- Other related considerations including: effect of approvals on real estate tax assessments, abatements, Revenue Department compliance, code violations and more
This session offers 3 CLE credits (2 SUB/1 ETH), and will be held at the Philadelphia Bar Association’s office in the 11th Floor Conference Center at 1101 Market Street.
For more information and to register, please click here.