Marjorie McMahon Obod
Partner; Chair, Labor & Employment Group
Achieved dismissals of 8 discrimination cases in past 6 months.
- Assisted a private sector manufacturing company concerning strategy in a business reorganization.
- Representation of management before NLRB with respect to grievances and arbitrations with union-represented employees.
- Represented private sector clients in labor and employment litigation and arbitrations, NLRB, human rights, and federal court litigation.
- Represented management in union negotiations in a first contract.
- Represented management in the decertification of election relating to a union contract.
- Represented a corporate client against a former employee's charge of discrimination based on an alleged violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented both regional and national public companies ensuring compliance with the WARN Act.
- Represented a non-profit entity against a former employee's charge of discrimination based upon race in the Court of Common Pleas for Philadelphia County.
- Represented a public utility company charged with violating regulatory compliance.
- Represented management with respect to negotiating severance agreements for high level executives.
- Prepared injunction papers in response to a union threat to strike at local hospitals.
- Drafted personnel policies and procedures for the US branch of an international technology company.
- Counseled on principles and appropriate documentation for employment-at-will principles and the enforcement of restrictive covenants and trade secrets.
- Represented corporate and public entities in the Department of Labor investigations.
- Represented individual employees with respect to negotiating severance agreements.
- Represented corporate companies charged with an OSHA violations.
- Represented employers in downsizing, layoffs, and furloughs.
- Represented employers in negotiating employee benefits, including pension matters.
Speeches & Presentations
- Presented on LGBT Issues in the Workplace for the Midatlantic Employers Association HR & Employment Law Conference on November 13, 2015.
- Presented a Webinar on Restrictive Covenants on April 9, 2009.
- Presented a Webinar on Benefits of Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policies and Training on May 7, 2009.
- Presented “Pointers on Application Screenings” on June 23, 2009.
- Presented CLE Credits on FMLA and ADA Interplay on July 14, 2009.
- Selected as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell™.
- Philadelphia Business Journal, "Leaders in Law” for Labor & Employment, 2009.
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1986
- B.S., Washington and Jefferson College, 1983
- Pennsylvania, 1986
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2002