Jared specializes in the practice of corporate law, with an emphasis on complex business and financing transactions. He focuses on representing buyers, sellers, and shareholders in all types of mergers and acquisitions (both public and private transactions); representing issuers and security holders in offerings of securities; public reporting with the Securities and Exchange Commission; corporate governance matters for companies and their officers and directors; and representing banks, commercial lenders, borrowers and developers in various financing transactions, real estate transactions and land use matters. He also represents venture capital firms and start-up companies in connection with formation and organizational issues, negotiation of shareholder agreements, limited liability company and partnership agreements, and venture capital financings and private equity offerings.
Jared is focused on improving the lives of individuals, and their families, who suffer from cancer, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease. He regularly participates in bike-a-thons that support those causes, including the “City-to-Shore” rides organized by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and the American Cancer Society. He also seeks to improve the plight of the homeless by addressing their legal needs through his pro bono work with the Homeless Advocacy Project, founded in part by the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Handled all asset-based commercial lending facilities, and the securitization and assignment thereof, for a private equity firm that specializes in providing alternative finance to both Native American and traditional financial technology companies.
- Counseled private healthcare company in the sale of an insurance subsidiary to a publicly-traded strategic buyer for approximately $100MM.
- Counseled private industrial company in the sale of a subsidiary to a publicly-traded strategic buyer for over $200MM.
- Counseled client in connection with a complex debt restructuring and eventual sale of the assets of the client.
- Counseled manager in connection with the formation and funding of an investment fund, and attendant compliance with the securities laws.
- Counseled a banking client in negotiating a complex loan broker agreement that enabled the client to launch its residential mortgage lending program in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and surrounding states.
- Routinely counsel groups of entrepreneurs in the formation and organization of limited liability company agreements, shareholder agreements, bylaws, and other organizational agreements.
- Advised one of the largest, publicly-traded REITs ($1bn+ market cap) regarding the management of a subsidiary’s employees.
- Represented a family owned business in the acquisition of a commercial real estate transaction.
- Assisted a Fortune 200 financial institution in connection with the issuance of a multi-million dollar line of credit.
- Counseled a high growth start-up company in connection with an equity stock offering.
- Successfully represented two disabled young children who were in danger of losing Social Security Income benefits and whose mother was being investigated by the Department of Human Services (DHS). SSI benefits were approved and DHS concerns were proven invalid.
- Secured birth certificates for over a dozen homeless individuals in Philadelphia.
Professional & Community Activities
- Former Law Clerk to the Honorable Patricia H. Jenkins of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- Member, University of Pennsylvania Alumni Interview Committee
- Member, Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Volunteer, Homeless Advocacy Project
- Volunteer, Penn Vet Working Dog Center (University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine)
- Adopt Coordinator Award, Homeless Advocacy Project (Philadelphia Bar Association), December 5, 2016.
- J.D., cum laude, Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, 2013
- Staff member, Temple Law Review
- Member, Rules Committee of the Temple Law Review
- M.B.A., cum laude, Temple University Fox School of Business and Management, 2013
- Recipient, Dean's Certificate of Excellence
- B.A., cum laude, University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- New Jersey, 2013