Graham R. Laub
Partner; Chair, Securities Group; Chair, Mergers & Acquisitions Group
Graham (Gray) Laub is a corporate and securities lawyer with a wide-ranging transactional practice. He represents companies, buyers, and sellers in all types of mergers and acquisitions, capital and debt financing transactions, and corporate governance matters. Gray regularly counsels clients on private securities matters, including capital raising, private fund formation and management, and public reporting matters for public companies and security holders. He also regularly advises clients on a wide variety of commercial arrangements, such as software licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, distribution agreements, employment and executive compensation arrangements, and joint ventures. Gray’s clients primarily consist of middle market companies, family-owned businesses, entrepreneurs, nonprofit companies, and institutions.
- Represented stockholders in the sale of a private dental device technology company.
- Represented stockholders in the sale of manufacturer of water quality products.
- Represented a large multinational corporation in the sale of its refrigerant business.
- Represented a large non-profit health insurance company in the sale of a worker’s compensation insurance company to a publicly-traded property and casualty insurer.
- Represented a private corporation in the acquisition of the assets of a FinTech company.
- Represented the owners in the sale of a toy business to a large private equity firm.
- Represented a large publicly-held professional services company in the sale of a multinational consulting business.
- Represented the founders in the sale of a privately-held data services business to a large information services company.
- Represented a publicly-traded company in the acquisition of the stock of a privately held Canadian SaaS company.
- Represented a large publicly-held energy company in the asset sale involving the spin-off of a retail division.
- Represented a private high-tech manufacturing company in a private equity investment and sale of control transaction.
- Represented a global professional services company in the purchase of an employee benefits business.
- Represented the acquirers of the major Philadelphia daily newspapers.
- Represented the acquirers of over a dozen Friendly’s Ice Cream restaurants.
- Represented the selling shareholders in the sale of a customs broker to a private equity portfolio company.
Professional & Community Activities
- Former Chair, Business Law Section, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Former Chair, Securities Regulation Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Former Chair of Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Co-chair, Philadelphia Region Selection Committee of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation
Speeches & Presentations
- Co-host, “2015 Securities Litigation & Regulatory Update Webinar,” Securities Regulations Committees of the Philadelphia Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association, November 17, 2015.
- Co-presenter, Ethical Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions: Problems Facing In-House Counsel, DELVACCA's Corporate and Securities CLE Institute, Philadelphia, PA, September 4, 2014.
- Presenter, Hot Topics in Cybersecurity, RR Donnelley SEC Hot Topics Institute, Philadelphia, PA, September 17, 2014.
- Presenter, SEC Hot Topics: Recent Pennsylvania Cases, Mergers & Acquisitions Panel, RR Donnelley Annual Hot Topics Institute, Philadelphia, PA, September, 2012.
- Presenter, SEC Hot Topics: Matrixx and Other Cases Involving Materiality, RR Donnelley Annual Hot Topics Institute, Philadelphia, PA, September, 2011.
- Speaker, "Financial Fraud CLE Program," Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2010.
- Course Planner, "Due Diligence in Business Transactions CLE," Philadelphia Bar Association, 2010.
- Panel moderator, "Public Company Compensation Disclosure Update: An Update on the SEC's Guidance in Response to the 2007 Proxy Season and Issuers' Responses," 2007.
- Faculty member, "Fundamentals of PA Business Corporation Practice," 2007.
- Named Committee Chair of the Year by the Business Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association, 2010
Further information on methodologies is available via these links.
News / Events
Events / Speaking Engagements
- J.D., with honors, Rutgers School of Law - Newark, Order of the Coif, 1997
- B.A., Foreign Affairs, University of Virginia, Jefferson Scholar, Echols Scholar, 1991