Christie Callahan Comerford
Christie Callahan Comerford concentrates her practice in commercial and complex civil litigation including defamation, fraud, breach of contract, securities, and intellectual property. She also has extensive experience addressing criminal issues arising in complex civil litigation and coordination with criminal defense counsel. She has represented a diverse group of clients including large and small businesses and individuals in proceedings before various federal and state trial and appellate courts.
- Ongoing representation of California corporation in litigation involving unfair competition claim against, inter alia, competitors which conspired to publish false information, and related defense of Anti-SLAPP motion.
- Represent affiliate companies in responding to grand jury subpoenas.
- Represent private company in numerous related appeals in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Reached favorable settlement on behalf of New Jersey corporation which asserted defamation against president of national trade association.
- Represented Pennsylvania city in multiple suits involving disputes with local municipal authority in excess of $50 million. Obtained favorable settlement.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against directors and officers of public company in putative class action.
- Decade-long representations of members of the Rigas Family, former officers, directors and founders of Adelphia Communications Corporation, in complex litigation arising out of the bankruptcy of Adelphia including civil RICO adversary proceeding in the federal bankruptcy court in New York, multi-district securities fraud and shareholders’ derivative litigation in the Southern District of New York, litigation in the federal bankruptcy court and Eastern District of Pennsylvania involving advancement of defense costs under a directors’ and officers’ liability policy, state fraud claims brought by former auditor of Adelphia in Pennsylvania state court, the re-sentencing and appeal of the criminal sentences of two members of the Rigas Family in the Southern District of New York and a criminal tax case brought against those two members of the Rigas Family in the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Represented the owners of The Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and philly.com in litigation in bankruptcy proceedings regarding Chapter 11 proceedings pending in Philadelphia including litigation regarding debtor-in-possession financing and credit bid rights of lenders.
- Represented local health insurer in multi-million dollar fraud and consumer protection class action, as well as dozens of individual opt-outs cases.
- J.D., cum laude, Villanova University School of Law, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review, 1996
- B.A., Political Science, Minor in Business, Villanova University, 1993
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- United States District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- United States District Court District of New Jersey, 1997