The attorneys at Dilworth Paxson have extensive experience in representing automobile and truck dealers in a wide variety of dealer franchise and licensing matters. Our experience ranges from long-standing representation of some of the largest automobile and truck dealership groups throughout Pennsylvania, to representing automobile and truck dealers throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in specific matters before the state vehicle and licensing boards.
By constantly keeping abreast of industry and related legal developments, and having appeared before the Pennsylvania administrative vehicle board and courts on a continuous and regular basis over the course of the last twenty years, Dilworth Paxson’s attorneys have the experience and insight to address issues before they turn into contentious disputes.
In the event of litigation, we provide aggressive representation in both state and federal courts, before state vehicle and licensing boards, before arbitration and mediation panels, and in appeals from judicial and administrative agency rulings and decisions. Our litigators also defend lenders in class actions involving the sale and repossession of automobiles, including claims related to the Uniform Commercial Code, the Motor Vehicle Sales Finance Act, and other state and federal laws.
Our attorneys have consistently provided effective legal advice and successful representation to a variety of automobile and truck dealers on complex and diverse dealer franchise matters, including:
- Dealer terminations
- Rejection of proposed new dealers for cause
- Dealer facility issues and compliance
- Warranty and Sales Incentive audits and chargebacks
- Exercise of rights of first refusal
- Requests for warranty service and parts reimbursement at retail rates
- Dealer establishments and relocations
- Customer satisfaction and sales effectiveness issues and disputes
- Area of responsibility realignments
- Market representation issues
- Incentive program disputes
- Floor plan and credit issues
- Licensing issues and compliance
- Consumer and Lemon-law claims
Our goal is to deliver effective and timely representation in the most efficient and competitive manner. Our satisfaction is derived from our clients’ successes.