Keyword = *
News / Events
- Dilworth Attorneys Named 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Welcomes Ira N. Glauber to the Firm’s New York Office
- Dilworth Paxson Promotes Five Attorneys Within the Firm’s Partnership
- Ajay Raju, Dilworth Paxson Chairman And CEO, To Be Honored At American Heart Association’s Philadelphia Heart Ball on February 4, 2017
- Dilworth Paxson's Lorena L. Trujillo Recognized As One of The Region’s Top Latino Lawyers By AL DÍA News
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Welcomes Jennifer L. Cordes to Firm
- Dilworth Paxson's Jared C. Leon Will Be Presented With An Adopt Coordinator Award By The Homeless Advocacy Project
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Named One of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2017
- Dilworth Paxson’s Stephen J. Harmelin and Joseph H. Jacovini to be Honored by Philadelphia Bar Association
- Dilworth Paxson’s Edward F. Behm, Jr. to Chair Firm's Patent Practice
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Adds New Associate to Firm’s Litigation Department
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Welcomes New Associate
- Attorney James J. Eisenhower Joins Dilworth Paxson
- Ten Dilworth Attorneys Named to 2017 The Best Lawyers in America© List
- Dilworth’s Matthew Whitehorn Appointed Chair of Internal Revenue Service’s Advisory Committee
- Five Dilworth Attorneys Ranked In Chambers USA 2016
- Dilworth Attorneys Named 2016 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- Two Dilworth Paxson Partners To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Announces a New Partner in the Health Care Group
- Dilworth Attorneys Named 2016 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Counsel on Behalf of Dauphin County in Landmark Telco Case
- Dilworth Paxson Elects Two New Partners
- Innovative Strategies: Dilworth Paxson LLP Advises H.F. Lenfest on Ensuring Philadelphia Media Network’s Future
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Named One of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” in 2016
- Former Federal Prosecutor Joins White Collar Team at Dilworth Paxson LLP
- Nine Dilworth Lawyers named Best in America
- Top Prosecutor Joins Dilworth Paxson LLP
- Dilworth Attorneys Named 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- Dilworth Attorneys Named 2015 New Jersey Super Lawyers And Rising Stars
- Dilworth Paxson LLP Launches #SocialMedia Practice Group
- Named One of U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" in 2015
- Dilworth Attorney James Landgraf Receives 2014 Professional Lawyer of the Year Award for Burlington County
- Thomas S. Wyatt Joins Dilworth as Partner, Continuing a Year of Exciting Growth in the Corporate and Business Department
- Dilworth Obtains $2.6 million Just Compensation Verdict in Marlton Circle Reconstruction Condemnation
- Dilworth Partner Elected to the American College of Bond Counsel, Adding to an Exciting Year of Top Honors for Firm Leadership
- Dilworth Obtains Federal Defense Verdict in Age Discrimination Case
- Chambers USA 2014 Ranks Dilworth Attorneys Among the Best in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Dilworth Attorneys Named 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Dilworth Partners Thomas Biemer and Gregory Cirillo will Lead Litigation Department, Succeeding Lawrence G. McMichael
- CEO Ajay Raju provides commentary on India’s election results
- Dilworth Paxson Builds Upon 2014 Momentum By Welcoming Former Philadelphia City Councilman Bill Green
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Designated "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Senate Confirms Governor Tom Corbett's Nomination of Dilworth Paxson's Elizabeth Preate Havey to Pennsylvania Economic Development Financing Authority Board
- Margaret Cronan Joins Dilworth Paxson's Executive Leadership Team
- New Jersey Congressman Rob Andrews Joining Dilworth Paxson LLP
- Dilworth Paxson Names Ajay Raju Chief Executive Officer and Co-Chairman
- Eric Meyer’s Blog Voted the Most Popular Labor & Employment Blog in 2013 by the ABA Journal
- Allentown Financings Win Bond Buyer Northeast Deal of the Year
- Inquirer Endorses Vic Stabile for Superior Court
- Anne Marie Aaronson Honored by the Morris Brown College Foundation
- Mayor Nutter opens Nominations for the Richardson Dilworth Award
- Judge Nelson Diaz to be Honored at the Annual Puerto Rican Festival Awards Gala
- Dilworth Paxson Welcomes New Partner James M. Matour
- Dilworth Paxson Elects Two New Partners
- Dilworth Paxson Immigration Group Advises on Approval of Newest EB-5 Regional Center in Pennsylvania
- Dilworth Partner Appointed as Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee Member
- Philadelphia Latino & Jewish Leaders Commit to Work Together on Common Issues
- Stephen Harmelin, Integral Part in The Truce Over Bill of Rights
- Dilworth Paxson Welcomes Tim Carson to its Growing Public Finance Practice
- PA GOP Endorsed Judicial Candidate Vic Stabile Files With Over 9,000 Petition Signatures
- Mayor Nutter Announces 2013 Winner Of Richardson Dilworth Award For Distinguished Public Service
- Marc Feller Re-elected a Vice President of the Golden Slipper Club
- Judge Nelson Diaz Honored by the Rutgers Latino Law Student Association ALIANZA
- Michael Tierney to Chair the Board of Greener Partners
- Rosemary Loverdi in Philadelphia Magazine Go Red for Women
- Dilworth Paxson partner, James Rodgers appeared in a news story on WWL-TV in New Orleans, LA
- Dilworth Paxson Honors MLK Jr. Day of Service
- The Honorable Nelson Diaz Honored at the Eleventh Annual Latino Trendsetter Awards
- Dilworth Paxson Welcomes New Health Care Practice Chair
- Mayor Nutter Opens Nominations For The Second Annual Richardson Dilworth Award
- Joseph Jacovini Throws Out the First Pitch on “Celiac Awareness Night” with the Philadelphia Phillies
- Eric B. Meyer Presents at the SHRM 2012 Annual Conference & Exposition
- Eric B. Meyer presents at Banyan Consulting’s 12th Annual Conference
- Eric B. Meyer presents at American Bar Association Section of Labor & Employment Law National Symposium on Technology in Labor and Employment Law
- Eric B. Meyer presents at Maryland State Bar Association Labor and Employment Section Annual Spring Dinner
- Eric B. Meyer presents at The 2012 Social Media Strategies for Human Resources Seminar
- Jennifer Platzkere Snyder and Eric B. Meyer Present at In-House Counsel Labor & Employment Law Forum
- Eric Meyer Presents at the SHRM 2012 Employment Law and Legislative Conference
- Eric Meyer Presents at TLNT Transform
- Mayor Nutter Announces Richardson Dilworth Award for Distinguished Public Service Recipient
- Dilworth Paxson Elects Three New Partners
- Are Videogames Artistic Expression?- The Legal Intelligencer
- 70,000 reasons not to fire a witness for participating in a sexual harassment investigation
- No, not even the ADA requires accommodating an alcoholic's DUI-related incarceration
- The Top Five Sandwiches in Philadelphia #NationalCheesesteakThursday
- 2d Cir: Pharmacists must inject customers. Oh, word?
- Skip the vodka, but consider some other bar rules for your workplace.
- The FMLA may be amended to include leave for a parent to grieve the loss of a child
- Did Lyft violate Philly's Ban the Box rules? And could this be the tip of the iceberg?
- Which of you hot shot lawyers wants to join an employment law panel with me?
- Employer's wage and hour defense foiled by a comma. Yep, a damn comma!
- Doggone it! When an employee is allergic to a coworker's service animal.
- 11th Circuit: It's perfectly legal to discriminate against someone because she is gay
- SHRM Study shows that we are inching towards a better work-life balance.
- On John Cusack, Pink Floyd, Title IX, and medical residencies.
- The fat lady's ready to break into song about the federal blacklisting rules
- Supreme Court passes on transgender rights case…for now.
- Yo, dawg! EEOC sues employer over not letting trucker use his service animal for work
- How about we connect at the SHRM Employment Law & Legislative Conference?
- This one will get you to hire slow and fire fast to avoid retaliation claims
- A bipartisan — yes, bipartisan — Senate bill would make it easier for employees to prove age bias
- Amidst a recent deluge of bad sexual harassment news, Uber pulls out a shocking win
- 110,000 reasons to remember that the ADA's duty to accommodate starts before saying, "You're hired."
- The allure of gooey grilled cheese made me late for work
- Feds are signalling a rough four years ahead for transgender rights
- "3 Tips for Public Pension Funds"
- A broken arm can be an ADA disability too?!?
- I don't know about you, but I had the best Presidents Day ever!!!
- President Trump taps Alexander Acosta as his new pick for Labor Secretary
- Andy Puzder withdrew his nomination for Labor Secretary. So what's Plan B at the DOL?
- Racials slurs, shotgun threats, but no why no hostile work environment?
- This right here is why you train your managers to take all complaints of harassment seriously.
- A lesson on non-competes: What you don't know, can't hurt you. Until it does.
- You don't have a gun. You don't have a badge. Don't be the FMLA police!
- Oh, hey! A paid family leave bill has made its way back to Congress.
- 55,000 reasons that it's ok to expose your pregnant employees to toxic chemicals at work
- 55,000 reasons to allow your pregnant employees to be exposed to toxic chemicals at work
- Wherein, I marvel at the majesty of #F8. And something about the Americans with Disabilities Act too.
- Social media adds to January 2017's unemployment numbers
- Appellate court to ADA plaintiff: "A blind person cannot be an airline pilot…"
- I wonder how Trump's nominee, Neil Gorsuch, might decide a SCOTUS leave-accommodation ADA case.
- "Unfortunately, This Will Get Physical"
- White House will uphold Obama Executive Order protecting LGBT employees of federal contractors
- Go ahead and bookmark this post for top FMLA cases of 2017
- Has the EEOC found religion on LGBT workplace discrimination?
- The Employer Handbook readers have some crazy job-interview stories. Crazazy!
- The EEOC has a new Acting Chair. And employers should be doing a happy dance.
- "So, are you going to finish those crumbs on your desk? Oh, and hire me!"
- No more job-applicant salary-history questions allowed in Philadelphia ever again. Possibly.
- Now, I know what the Allman Brothers were really singing about. It was the DOL's Overtime Rules!
- Sowing plutonium from diet scrapple — just twice a year — can be an ADA essential function.
- School employee fired after correcting student's spelling on Twitter.
- "Carriers and Brokers Filling the Coverage Gaps"
- So, your employee just tweeted that she moonlights as a porn star…
- Oh, it's on! Class-action waivers to be first Supreme Court employment-law heavyweight battle of 2017
- Can you require an employee to take an HIV test?
- So, why hasn't that bill banning salary-history questions been signed into law yet?
- 3d Cir: Even where old folks are treated fairly, OLDER folks can bring age-bias claims
- 'I have no social skills. I have no filter between my mouth and my brain'
- Drama following a bra-less woman's meeting with the CEO supports her retaliation claim
- Our day at Epcot: Food, characters and, yes, an employment-law lesson
- In-depth EEOC trends for your business. Plus, BloggerKing and the Fam hit the Magic Kingdom.
- On Disney World, pay phone filth, and poop in the pool
- New Year's Resolution for 2017: Stay classy at The Employer Handbook
- According to you, these were the top five posts for 2016 at The Employer Handbook
- Racist code names for customers are bad. And, so is firing someone for complaining about it.
- U.S. businesses spent HOW MUCH preparing for those overtime rules?!?
- Maybe, avoid these holidays workplace gifts for 2016. But, I have a great idea for 2017…
- Sex on the beach becomes a sexual harassment lawsuit.
- A little holiday present for my readers
- Woman fired for refusing to process same-sex marriage licenses loses her own bias claim
- "What Pension Fund Fiduciaries Need to Know About Cyberinsurance"
- PODCAST: Enjoined OT Rules - Now What?
- Woo boy! Y'all had some crazazy holiday parties!
- The EEOC hooks you up with a new ADA resource on mental health conditions
- Oh, do tell. Share with me your most cringeworthy holiday party HR story!
- Pretty soon, asking salary-history questions in Philly will get you sued.
- Guess which former child star just got fired for a homophobic Facebook post?
- Trump's new DOL pick has zero damns to give about the new overtime rules
- Can you fire an employee whom you learn is "alt-right"?
- Join me at 3 pm EST today on Twitter for a SHRM #nextchat on these dang DOL #OvertimeRules.
- File the "blue collar workplace" defense to a hostile work environment in the trash can
- The DOL wants to undo that #OvertimeRule injunction lickety-split!
- Without hyperbole, I'm better than LeBron James. #GraceAndHumility
- Swastika cupcakes?!?
- Bad things often happen when employees feel they have to resort to self-help
- Bank VP's Facebook rant that Trump can "buy" and "sell" the Obamas didn't end well, you guys.
- Before you hit the reset button on all those changes you made for the DOL Overtime Rules…
- Federal Judge Stops U.S. Department of Labor's Overtime Rule
- The EEOC has a brand new HR-compliance resource on national origin discrimination
- Company tried to "sprinkle a little salt" on its worksite; pays $50K to the EEOC.
- R.I.P. - Department of Labor "Persuader" Rule
- A wise social media expert once said, "Think before you click."
- Could 'mansplaining' create a gender-bias claim? It's direct evidence of it says one court!
- Are your company's anti-bullying measures working? I'd like to hear from you.
- Employee admits that attendance on the reg is essential, so telecommuting isn't a reasonable accommodation
- My 2 cents on President-Elect Trump's impact on HR-compliance in 2017. (Literally, worth 2 cents)
- I think we all need a day to recharge the batteries…
- Could firing one who doesn't seem "happy and smiling and positive" violate labor law?
- PA federal court turns the page and protects gay workers from discrimination
- (Let's try this again) This company stood up to FMLA abuse. You can too!
- This company stood up to FMLA abuse. You can too!
- 1 out of 3 of you are cannibal zombie workplace scum
- Feds unite with Worker.gov, a one-stop website for employees to address workplace issues
- "The Danger of the Cyber Endorsement"
- HR-101: Did an NFL fan create a hostile work environment by throwing a sex toy on the field?
- Wherein I rank the cereal choices at the bloggerdome.
- Facebook Live and the hella-icky, vomitous workplace implications
- Your shoddy job description won't help you in an ADA lawsuit
- A Texas judge has enjoined practically all of the DOL "blacklisting" rules
- New report highlights rampant hiring bias against qualified transgender applicants
- Up Next on Destination Checkbook: Firing a bipolar employee for "her mental illness"
- Did a federal appellate court just require employers to invent ADA crystal balls?
- Folks, let's dispel some FLSA myths about salaried employees
- The EEOC has released its enforcement playbook for the next four years. Want a peek?
- Getting Back To FMLA Basics: Don't mess with the pay of an employee on leave
- I'm training the U.S. Army South on social media at work, and other news…
- And speaking of LGBT rights at work, here are two more recent victories for HR to ponder
- The EEOC has some hella-big general counsel shoes to fill
- A new SHRM study should have employers reexamining their policies on parental leave
- 3d Cir: Employers cannot use paid meal breaks to offset unpaid overtime
- Top Five Reasons to Attend DisruptHR in Philadelphia on 11/3/16
- 100% healed policy = 100% violation of the ADA
- The union organizer running those rat protests and casket actions doesn't get paid overtime.
- SHRM: Derailing the DOL Overtime Rule before 12/1 is an uphill battle
- That EEO-1 you just filed will look a lot different next time. Oh, good…
- Resume blunders worse than Mark Sanchez's butt fumble.
- The only HR Guide to Election 2016 that you'll ever need to read
- "The Physical Damage Hot Potato"
- The EEOC cares about small businesses, you guys.
- Is New Jersey trying to out "California" California with new employment laws?
- Cut your hair, Mattingly!
- Another federal agency (hint: it rhymes with "EEOB") pays 7 figures to settle wage-and-hour claims
- Giveaway Day! My very best leave-management PowerPoint, which I'm presenting today at #SHRMPA
- 21 states just sued the DOL to stop the new overtime rules. And your company should…
- Orange Crushed! Jury awards $277,565.44 to a diabetic employee fired for drinking OJ at work
- What your business can do NOW to prepare for the DOL 'Blacklisting' rules and guidance.
- Happy belated birthday!
- She had it up to here with her co-workers, and the company hardly helped. ADA violation? Maybe.
- Is it legal to fire a server for complaining on Facebook about an NFLer's 75-cent tip?
- Will the Supreme Court be the hero that employers need for their class-action waivers?
- Soon, all employers may be forbidden from asking about a job applicant's salary history
- "What's on the Horizon in Privacy and Data Security?"
- Yes, the NLRB will also clobber unions who punish social media complainers
- Blaming the victim is a bad way to respond to a sexual harassment complaint
- Arm the torpedoes! Full speed ahead with lawsuit against new DOL overtime rules!
- While you may not need a masters in FMLA, spotting leave requests can be tough
- 165,000 reasons to remember that associational discrimination violates the ADA
- This, right here, is why a good workplace investigation is EVERYTHING!
- Can you sue an employee for filing what seems to be a false EEOC charge?
- Today's Special: Retaliation. Everything you've ever wanted to know.
- The EEOC has no chill for your discriminatory prescription drug use and hiring policy
- Unusual or just plain creepy? 13 unique ways folks tried to get hired
- Pish-posh to everything we ever knew about litigating discrimination claims
- Want the secret to defending retaliation claims?
- Don't miss tomorrow's free webinar: "How to Navigate Alcoholism and Substance Abuse under the FMLA/ADA"
- Court says Hobby Lobby decision sometimes greenlights sex discrimination at work
- Your dress code may create a big sex-discrimination mess at work
- Do-over! Employer avoids a discrimination claim by rescinding employee's termination
- Celebrating an employee accused of domestic violence with a song about domestic violence — bad idea.
- There's a metaphor for the $7 million that the DOL is paying to settle its own employees' FLSA claims…
- Do you need the new FLSA poster? Well, since I asked…
- Do most employers pay minimum-wage workers more than $7.25/hour? YES! (And it's not even close)
- Is a confidentiality provision in an employee settlement agreement worth the paper it's printed on?
- Yes, your company may get nailed for a hostile work environment created by your customer
- Yes, we get it already. Permanent light duty is not an ADA reasonable accommodation.
- How far can employees go when discussing politics? Not very.
- Those non-competes your employees sign probably violate federal labor law. Or do they?
- "I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Your (Policy Limits)"
- Sexual harassment — same as it ever was
- A white guy threatened to kill co-workers, got fired, and claimed discrimination. How'd that turn out?
- I'm blowing mildly workplace-inappropriate smoke and asking for your vote
- "A person can be married on Saturday and then fired on Monday for just that act."
- Join me for a free webinar on 8/24: "How to Navigate Alcoholism and Substance Abuse under the FMLA/ADA"
- What ADA protections exist for mental health episodes at work? Not many. Maybe none.
- "Ew All Over Again - The New, New US/EU Data Privacy Deal"
- How will the new overtime rules affect workplace flexibility? Not well.
- Got young employees? They pray to different gods? Then, you need this EEOC fact sheet.
- What HR can learn from those hella-dumb DNC leadership emails.
- "Don't Let a Limitation of Liability Provision Jeopardize Cyber Coverage"
- Say, Eric. Where do you find all that fodder for your blog posts, anyway?
- Trailblazing federal court flatly rejects one free tea-bagging at work
- Remember that flatulence-cum-discrimination claim from last year? Well, it stinks too.
- HR sorta admitting retaliation is generally a bad defense to an employee's retaliation lawsuit
- Court says employee's Facebook page on race stereotypes is fair game at trial
- How ironic that when I finally achieve "social media expert" status, my daughter is the viral hit.
- Here are the 3 biggest workplace compliance concerns for the next year? No. 2 will SHOCK you!
- A jury will hear the ADA claim of a diabetic cashier, fired for drinking live-saving juice from a store refrigerator
- A jury will hear the ADA claim of a diabetic cashier, fired for drinking life-saving juice from a store refrigerator
- A grown man's Facebook rant about 'Pokémon Go' led to his firing
- A new House bill would expand FMLA coverage to very small businesses
- "After the After (First) Party"
- "We are looking to add a few young professionals" and an age-bias lawsuit, apparently.
- Your FMLA notices may be defective if…
- This, right here, is the LGBT-discrimination case for employers to watch
- Quietly, the DOL jacks up penalties for willful overtime and minimum wage violations.
- Can you get fired for ripping French soccer players as poor tippers? Oui, but of course.
- "The Inky Explains How Your Firm Can Avoid Cybercrime"
- Radical new bill could open the hostile work environment litigation floodgates
- These 4 recent revelations about employee use of social media may surprise you (or not)
- How much time is there left for "Just In Time" scheduling? Maybe, not much.
- EEOC reaches historic $200K settlement on its first sexual orientation bias lawsuit
- GUEST POST: Mrs. Meyer takes over The Employer Handbook
- Can you fire someone for getting divorced? Once court says no.
- When does a telecommuter qualify for FMLA under the 50/75 rule? #HellaTrenchHR #shrm16
- EEOC: It's time for your company to re-imagine anti-harassment training
- Follow along with The Employer Handbook from #SHRM16
- These sample employer-wellness program notices will make you the envy of all your HR friends
- NJ Supremes: You can't shorten the time for employees to file discrimination lawsuits
- EEOC has some new pregnancy discrimination resources to feed your HR brain
- Foul! Nasty tweets to Steph Curry's family cost a Cavs fan his job.
- HR 101: The Americans with Disabilities Act and the importance of good job descriptions
- My wife is a first-ballot Hall of Famer!
- "P.F. Chang's On the Hook for Contractual Liabilities"
- 30,000 reasons to review your job applications now for unlawful questions
- Republicans toss up a Hail Mary to stop the new DOL overtime rules
- New EEOC lawsuit highlights the discrimination risks of mandatory flu shots
- The EEOC wants your 2¢ before giving its 2¢ on national origin discrimination, which will be free
- Don't tear up those arbitration agreements with your employees just yet.
- Let's make it official! What say we meet IRL at SHRM Annual Conference? #SHRM16
- It's cases like this that tempt me to become a plaintiff's employment lawyer
- Do you force employees to arbitrate employment claims? Then, you should read this…
- Do you force employees to arbitrate class-action claims? Then, you should read this…
- Can an employee go out for a beer while on intermittent FMLA leave?
- By the power of Title VII! Woman called "He-Man" loses gender-bias claim
- Got disability-leave questions? Two greats have your FMLA/ADA HR answers.
- Fact or Fiction: The statute of limitations on a constructive-discharge claim starts when the employee quits
- Can a plaintiff change her social media privacy settings after filing a lawsuit?
- Company pays $250K to settle employee's bias claim. The one where his manager maybe peed on him.
- Wacky interview questions have nothing to do with DOL overtime rules
- The new DOL overtime rules are here. You've got HR questions? I have answers!
- 9 things HR needs to know about the EEOC's new rules on employer wellness programs
- "Too cute" yoga instructor loses her sex bias claim against her Playboy Playmate boss
- Are coming to the office and going to court ADA essential job functions of a litigator?
- President Obama signs bipartisan bill protecting trade secrets under federal law
- "When Retro Isn't Cool"
- Caught on tape! EEOC nails a whiskey bar for pregnancy discrimination.
- A new EEOC resource is the peanut butter to your Americans with Disabilities Act jelly
- Did this employer really sick attack dogs on a woman who complained about gender discrimination?
- Did this employer really sic attack dogs on a woman who complained about gender discrimination?
- Survey shows working sole-breadwinner moms are far more likely to earn less than dads
- Governor Christie conditionally vetoes an equal-ish pay bill in NJ
- EEOC: Not letting transgender employees use the restroom of their gender identity is sex discrimination
- 86 the "100% cured" policy for employees returning from FMLA leave
- Will the salary level for the new DOL overtime rules be less than the currently-proposed $50,440?
- I have a little Family and Medical Leave Act treasure map for you.
- This sad, sobering video is a reminder that your company still employs knuckledraggers #MoreThanMean
- Non-competition agreements are the Butter Brickle of employment law.
- It's hard to believe what may pass for age discrimination these days.
- The one they called "Grumpy Old Bastard" lost his age discrimination case.
- Big Business tries to slow DOL's roll on it's new overtime rules. Don't hold your breath…
- If this FLSA mess doesn't have you calling your employment lawyer, not sure what will.
- A pay raise is not discriminatory and eye rolls don't create a hostile work environment, mmkay?
- You guys don't have to let employees pray to a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Probably.
- "Travelers v. Portal Healthcare Solutions - NBD"
- Only an FMLA nerd would like this post
- Medical Marijuana is coming to PA. What do employers need to know?
- "Are You Down with B.E.C.?"
- Here's a novel defense to a discrimination claim. (Replace "novel" with "damn near frivolous").
- The most essential elements of an employee handbook acknowledgment
- The last word is often key to ADA accommodations
- Permanent light duty is not an ADA accommodation. Unless you make it one.
- Can an employer rescind a job offer based on the results of a genetic test?
- Can you refuse to hire a person whom you fear may have a future disability?
- "Breaches and Bagels"
- Vague policies + poor HR communication = FMLA disaster
- All you need to know about the U.S. Women's Soccer players' wage-discrimination battle
- "Cyber Extortion Coverage Is Good for Your Health (Records)"
- Yes, working overtime can be an essential job function under the ADA
- Welcome to the intersection of ADA and FMLA
- Nepotism at work — even if it means favoring one nationality over another — is not against the law
- In honor of my 40th birthday today, how about a primer on age discrimination releases? (Sigh…)
- The proposed DOL overtime rules are a walk in the park compared to this new "wage theft prevention" bill
- Are we connected on social media? No?!? Let's fix that ASAP.
- Teacher resigns after male student takes her unlocked phone, shares her nude selfie on social media.
- GUEST POST: The Background Check Balance Beam
- "Cyberinsurance Mandates Coming?"
- A pro golfer gets his revenge on Twitter; causes a heckler to lose his job.
- Guess what, you guys? HR Directors can be sued for FMLA violations too.
- The Friday Four: Poop, Bombs, Poop-Bombs, and Wife Swapping
- Can you force an employee to delete critical tweets about the company? NLRB says no.
- The DOL overtime rules changes go to final review. But, when might they take effect?
- HR101: It's bad to withhold overtime pay until the employee submits to demands for sex
- I see your EEOC Charge and raise you a defamation lawsuit
- Can a supervisor's racist comments — after a firing — support a plaintiff's bias claim?
- NY federal court concludes that Title VII does not prohibit anti-gay bias….yet.
- You + Me @ SHRM Legislative Conference: What could possibly go wrong?
- GUEST POST: Workplace lessons for employers from Ke$ha and Dr. Luke
- HR 101: Temporary disabilities and the ADA
- Here's a new resource for small businesses to learn about discrimination laws
- Legal or illegal, companies don't have to tolerate LGBT discrimination at work
- The EEOC is taking businesses accused of anti-gay bias to federal court now
- You mistakenly offered FMLA leave to an ineligible employee. Now what?
- "The (Broken) Record Approach to Policy Limit Selection"
- It's fairly safe to assume that an employee with chest pains needs FMLA.
- 20% of HR Managers say their companies pay men more than women for the same work.
- How could dementia not be covered under the FMLA? (Psst, I'll tell you how).
- Sorry, NLRB. Using an iPhone to secretly record a conversation with your boss may be criminal
- "Show Me the Money - Seriously, Because We Can't Find It"
- BUSTED!!! Vacation photos on Facebook doom an employee's FMLA claims
- Lady Murderface's Yelp for Help on Social Media Costs Her a Job…at Yelp
- "Two Historic Hollywood Hacks (for the price of one)"
- 9 simple steps to drafting a bangin' EEOC Position Statement
- Employment Law Blog Carnival (#ELBC) Freaky February Holiday Edition
- A message from Stevie Wonder on providing accommodations to individuals with disabilities
- That's What They Said: "Justice Scalia's impact on HR and employment law"
- "HIPAA Fines and the Physical-Digital Divide"
- New EEOC statistics highlight the importance of disability accommodations at work
- Over 100 members of Congress want the DOL to deep six the proposed overtime-rule changes
- Boy sexts girl. Girl sexts boy. Nope, no sexual harassment here.
- "Ew Part II: EU/US Reach Privacy Shield Agreement"
- FMLA and Migraines and Facebook and other things that will make you want to click
- What can you do about employees missing work today with a Super Bowl hangover?
- Ok, it's my turn. Can you forbid an employee from job hunting while on FMLA leave?
- The 24/7 world of social media can bite your employees when they least expect it
- A Chairperson supposedly tried to get her direct report to marry her son. Her son the company CEO.
- Unreported hours worked may count towards FMLA-eligibility hours. Wait…WTH!
- Those EEO-1s you love to complete are gonna get more complicated
- What caused this employee to claim disability discrimination on her second day of work?
- See no overtime, hear no overtime, pay no overtime
- Migraines! They are the bane of your FMLA world, HR. Amirite?
- "Bark But No Bite for Cybersecurity Act of 2015?"
- U.S. Department of Labor issues new FMLA fact sheet for joint employers
- Top 10 Legal Land Mines to Watch Out for in 2016
- How do you handle FMLA and FLSA for a snow day office closure?
- Supreme Court makes it harder for employers to dispose of FLSA lawsuits
- Flushing the toilet on a phone interview — and nine other ways not to get hired
- FLSA 101: When do you have to pay employees for rest breaks?
- Can an FMLA-eligible employee decline FMLA and take other accrued leave instead?
- Don't let this be the year that your business faces a big wage and hour lawsuit
- "Cyberinsured Staying Alive - After Summary Judgment"
- When must companies accommodate employee medical marijuana use? How about never?
- GUEST POST: Can Your Cyber Policy Handle The Truth (About Your Employees)?
- "Employees' Intentional Misconduct Rising Cause of Data Breaches"
- Inconsistent employee discipline can create legal issues. Here's a way to fix that.
- C.R.E.A.M. FMLA
- Five employment cases blowing up my DropBox and Pocket
- How the heck do you accommodate the religious beliefs of hundreds of employees?
- "URMIA Western Regional Conference"
- Knife-wielding monkeys may be retaliatory; but, standard severance provisions are not.
- Yes, your employees can legally record most workplace conversations
- And the most popular blog posts from 2015 are…
- Do you have Muslim or Middle Eastern employees? Read this EEOC Fact Sheet
- "Beware the Terrorism Exclusion or Else…"
- Can an employee fired for an extra-marital affair claim marital-status discrimination?
- "High-Net-Worth, High Net Risk?"
- Two early HR Christmas presents
- Is job-related anxiety an ADA disability? It depends…
- Huge $5M EEOC settlement spotlights an enforcement priority that you may be overlooking
- "Know Your Limits"
- A jury will decide whether a quadriplegic welder will win his disability discrimination claim
- Another court holds that LGB discrimination is sex discrimination under federal law
- Philadelphia strengthens its "ban the box" protections for job applicants
- Oh, hey, it's another post about how to avoid holiday party-related lawsuits
- Preferring to hire women instead of men, yeah, that's called discrimination
- All I want for Christmas is a squirrel toilet seat decal
- Yes, employees can fight workplace harassment with social media
- Don't let ADA stereotypes do to you what they did to this company
- Did USC's alcohol-related firing of its former head football coach violate the law?
- What it really means to be Facebook friends with co-workers
- Can you eliminate discrimination claims by hiring minority replacements?
- Look at me, love me
- Did one court really just conclude that HIV is not an ADA disability?
- Fired you will be getting drunk, DUI, and arrested on an FMLA day
- How you know when to pay employees on meal breaks
- "Just Another Manic Cyber Monday"
- Just give him the chair. It's that easy.
- "Giving Thanks for Cheap Botnet Attacks"
- Your temporary workers can probably sue you for discrimination
- Hocus Pocus: PA Supremes eliminate magic language for creating non-compete loopholes
- Denying an employee's attempt to rescind her resignation may be…retaliation?!?!
- It's another "when a hostile work environment isn't a hostile work environment" post
- The DOL may be slowing its roll on the new OT rules. But, you should act now.
- "There's No C-I-O in T-E-A-M, And That's A Problem"
- As a social-media-nerd employment lawyer, this one has me shakin' my head.
- "It's Not What You Think: The Surprising Diversity of Data Breach Causes"
- Four ways to prevent systemic discrimination in your workplace, before an EEOC charge.
- A federal judge in Alabama holds that Title VII covers sexual-orientation discrimination
- Sir, yes, sir! Quoting "Full Metal Jacket" may create a hostile work environment
- "Higher Ed, Higher Risk"
- 1.7 million reasons to reconsider issuing attendance points for medically-related absences
- "Off-the-clock" discriminatory Facebook messages can create a hostile work environment
- "Ew…EU Eliminates Safe Harbor for US Companies"
- A recap of EEOC Commissioner Chai Feldblum's hour-long Twitter Q&A
- Latest study indicates rampant transgender discrimination at work
- Court upholds employee firing after complaining about gay slurs. Was that a mistake?
- President Obama wants federal agencies to "Ban the Box"
- More EEOC rules on employer wellness programs are coming. Will yours make the cut?
- Poll: Your workplace prolly won't survive a Walking Dead zombie apocalypse
- Intern fired for racist tweet. But, wait, it gets worse…
- YouTube clips of "Live with Kelly and Michael" doom a manager's discrimination claims
- Did you hear the one about the HR Manager who'd never heard of Title VII?
- Are paralegals entitled to overtime under the FLSA? Probably.
- Scary and Frightening: The October Employment Law Blog Carnival #ELBC
- Let's revisit that post about cursing out your boss on Facebook
- Can You Fire an Employee Based on a Friend's Facebook Posts?
- Fact or Fiction: Denying a discretionary bonus may be discrimination?
- Keep your insensitive FMLA comments to yourself. You too, HR.
- "I was late for work because the universe told me to take the day off."
- Meyer on how lawyers can effectively market themselves through social media
- Attendance may be an essential job function under the ADA. But, how do you know?
- Fired for a mouth full of coffee? That's a new one. Or, maybe, age discrimination.
- Something wrong with a little bump n' grind. Sexual harassment, perhaps.
- A new FMLA resource you need to check out.
- ADA and accommodating peanut allergies at work
- The Employee Free Choice Act (a/k/a Card Check) is back #efca #efcafail
- A job duty performed 5% of the time is probably not ADA-essential, you guys
- Can you legally fire an employee for extreme gas?
- Just because I walk away when you slap my butt, doesn't mean I like it.
- Everything you need to know about restrictive covenants and protecting confidential business information
- Enforce your social media policies evenly. Otherwise, it's bloggy-blog time.
- EEOC Commissioner Feldblum responds to my post about transgender discrimination
- When your recently-fired employee shares the secret sauce on Twitter
- Did a federal court just rule that transgender discrimination is sex discrimination?
- New GOP bill in Congress addresses equal pay for men and women
- Help me, Handbook. How do I track intermittent FMLA leave?
- ADA accommodation requests generally require a, um, oh what's the word? "Request."
- Can a company regulate employee weight and appearance?
- New bill in Congress would crush employers that retaliate against union sympathists
- Paid-FMLA poll results and an employment law blog carnival
- POLL: Should Congress require companies to provide paid family and medical leave from work?
- Another appellate court dropkicks the DOL's unpaid-internship test
- A Bipartisan "Ban the Box" Bill is Introduced in Congress
- GUEST POST: The pesky FLSA implications of the Papal visit.
- Firing an employee for complaining on Facebook about discrimination = retaliation
- The limits of employee free speech on social media
- President Obama requires federal contractors to offer paid sick leave
- The Costs of a Miscarriage of Justice
- FMLA Basics: Which employees are eligible to take leave? And are there any exceptions?
- He was late for work 111 times because of….BREAKFAST?!?! (And kept his $90,000 job).
- SURVEY: Are you using social media to find job candidates? If not, you're in the minority.
- Must you pay employees who "volunteer" to use social media for the company?
- Under the ADA, can you fire an alcoholic who doesn't request treatment?
- Eric Meyer: Employment lawyer, blogger, husband, father of 4, and so much more. (Ok, 5 more things).
- The #WDBJ-TV tragedy and how companies can prevent workplace violence
- Actually, exposing yourself and leering at a female co-worker may be sexual harassment
- ADA accommodations for deaf employees in safety-sensitive positions
- She was fired for refusing to pray with a client. Why did this employee LOSE her religious bias lawsuit?
- The customer isn't always right — especially, if she's a total racist
- SHRM hosted a Twitter chat on tricky ADA/FMLA issues. Guess who's got the full recap?
- 112,500 ADA reasons not to force an employee to stay home until 100% healed
- The outdoor worker who couldn't work in the sun lost his ADA claim
- HELP WANTED: Seeking Senior VP of Sales, ideally 45-52 years old. Wait, WHAT?!?
- There's fudging credentials, and then there are these fifteen resume doozies.
- A suspension with pay is not discrimination, you guys.
- How do you make a wage-and-hour lawsuit go away?
- Can a company fire its HR Manager for taking the employee's side in a discrimination complaint?
- Don't forget anti-harassment training for temporary workers
- Happy Belated 22nd Birthday FMLA!
- 20 job interview pro tips revealed!
- How a few missing employee handbook words may open your FMLA floodgates
- FMLA hits home
- Now THAT's a good one! The most unique late-to-work excuses revealed.
- No, really. Demanding an employee's social security number isn't religious discrimination
- Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday. EEOC hung sex discrimination on you.
- FACT OR FICTION: Snow + Office Closed = FMLA Day
- One state is banning personal use of social media at work.
- 152,000 reasons for employers to consider discrimination with drug testing and haircuts
- A hospital may have broken the law by NOT hiring a convicted meth dealer.
- #SOTU and the #Workplace: A full debriefing of last night's Presidential address
- FACT OR FICTION: To protect a pregnant employee, a company can make her stay home.
- He filed for custody of the kids; she filed a sexual harassment lawsuit
- We now have an employee/independent contractor test in NJ for wage and hour
- President Obama to push for paid sick leave for American workers
- Court ok's firing of employee who made "inappropriately intense" Facebook posts
- I was right. This appellate court employment-law decision was one of the worst of 2014.
- Saks claims transsexual discrimination is legal. And here's why they're probably right.
- DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN
- Thursday's #SocialMedia and the #Workplace Hot List
- If you employ progressive discipline, don't slap your employees with a bearded dragon
- SHRM, US Chamber, NAM, and other business groups sue to block new NLRB election rules
- It's prolly not retaliation when you fire an employee who masturbates in your parking lot
- "Your Asperger's got in the way of your ability to interact with your boss, and we are tired of it."
- Connect with @DilworthSocial on Twitter for 2015
- If you have salespeople who take FMLA leave, drop everything and read this
- The 5 compliance posts that grabbed HR's attention in 2014
- Does the Americans with Disabilities Act require a transfer away from a jerk boss?
- Next year, best to skip the office holiday party eggnog chug-off
- Will the PA Supreme Court revolutionize non-compete agreements?
- Company overcomes its "ham-handed" ADA accommodation response, wins lawsuit
- Firing an employee for showing up to work drunk doesn't violate the FMLA, you guys
- The December 2014 edition of the Employment Law Blog Carnival #ELBC
- Norcross Family Legacy of Service Continues
- Ebola discrimination in your workplace, what the Department of Justice wants you to know.
- Camouflage toilet paper is so last year. The most unusual workplace gifts of 2014.
- Make a New Year's Resolution to have union-avoidance training
- NLRB: Your employees can use company email to unionize. Eric: NBD.
- NLRB: Your employees can use company email to badmouth you and unionize. Four reasons it's no big deal.
- Role reversal! EEOC must disclose its own background check policy to the employer it's suing
- The hella-best post you'll read today on yesterday's Supreme Court employee-pay opinion
- Change a no-narcotics policy to accommodate an employee? No way!
- Two Men + One Purple Nurple = Zero Sex Discrimination
- I got 99 problems but a holiday party lawsuit ain't one...
- I've got 99 problems but a holiday party lawsuit ain't one...
- Sixers win!!! (Plus, recap of oral argument in Young v. UPS)
- Paid sick leave in Philly may be happening in 2015
- Could an employee handbook create a contract against discrimination?
- Do you have a "super" anti-harassment contract with your employees?
- Federal court permits discrimination against transgender employee
- Black Friday HR-Dorkbuster!!! Silent ADA accommodation requests
- What the EEOC plans to tell employers about wellness programs
- Apparently, the ABA Journal received my large, white bag with the $ on it
- An early holiday gift to my reader (readers?)
- What you need to know about the FMLA (in a sweet infographic)
- Telling an employee returning from open-heart surgery, "Don't die at the desk" is bad. Very bad.
- EEOC: Complaints of discrimination down big in FY14; Mediation rules!
- Is it against the law to remote wipe an employee's Candy Crush high score?
- #WWHRD: You just discovered your employee's angry racist Ferguson tweet
- Train your supervisors not to shoot at those who complain about discrimination
- In the County of Yolo, 100 hugs and a painfully awkward kiss aren't sexual harassment #YOLO
- Can you fire an employee who posts Nazi propaganda on Facebook?
- Five great resources for HR about employing veterans
- Sexting, flirting, but no sexual harassment here.
- Accommodating a disabled employee generally does not require displacing another
- Check out the EEOC's playbook for combatting LGBT discrimination
- 85,000 reasons to nix inflexible employee-leave policies
- An app to stop employees like #AlexFromTarget from checking work email
- Under the ADA, is talking an essential job function for an HR Specialist?
- Employee lawfully fired after making "shoot them all" Facebook threats
- Yes, what you say on Facebook can cost you a job offer
- HR CHEATSHEET: When an employee texts you from an Ebola quarantine tent
- Tweet today with the EEOC about the Americans with Disabilities Act #EEOC4NDEAM
- Social media blunders cost a chef and a chief their jobs
- Think an employee is faking sick? Check social media.
- Court gives cold shoulder to frostbite as an ADA disability
- The employer who wanted to "bring color" into the workplace; brought lot$a green to the plaintiff instead
- Is it legal for the EEOC to send 1,330 emails to your employees at work?
- You'd think emailing FMLA paperwork would be ok. Yeah, you'd think that.
- The one thing HR can't afford to do if an employee reports a noose
- The Employment Law Blog Carnival: Halloween Edition #ELBC
- Read this before you ask an entry-level worker to sign a non-competition agreement
- Everything HR must know about the Supreme Court's '14-15 docket
- Getting fired for bringing a gun to work probably isn't discrimination
- Read this before you revoke a job offer in Pennsylvania based on criminal history
- Federal appellate court foils the age discrimination claims of "Superman"
- EEOC, NLRB & Me: Mark your calendars for November 12, you guys
- Remember that a duty to accommodate may exist after childbirth
- The importance of having clear employment policies...and following them
- The Supreme Court completes my religious discrimination superfecta
- Can crosses on holiday party invitations create a hostile work environment?
- A Monday Night Football lesson on workplace religious accommodations
- The religious bias case of the Jehovah's Witness officer who refused to use a gun
- Court: It's ok to try to hit a co-worker with your car after grabbing her crotch (twice)
- The #EEOC makes history by filing its first ever transgender-discrimination lawsuits
- The Workplace Risks (and Rewards) of Social Media
- An orgasm on a treadmill explodes an employee's FMLA claim
- Hitler jokes from supervisors of German descent are, oh, what's the word?
- EEOC's attack on garden-variety severance agreements suffers a potentially MAJOR setback
- A company so concerned about an employee with cancer....it fired her?!?
- House Democrats seek to breathe new life into ENDA
- Some Senate Republicans seek to reinvent the National Labor Relations Board
- New House bills seek to slow the EEOC's roll
- What employers need to know about "subtle bias" before it becomes an in-your-face lawsuit
- How swift response to racial slurs and graffiti defused a discrimination claim
- The sleepy, old man with old ideas may have an age discrimination claim
- EEOC takes on fitness-for-duty medical releases; how to avoid the crosshairs.
- A restaurant posted LeSean McCoy's receipt on its Facebook page
- Apparently, the ADA requires accommodating an employee's anger issues with a Shih Tzu named "Sugar Bear"
- Final Score: HIPAA 1 - Retaliation 0
- Philadelphia now requires breastfeeding protections for employees
- Philadelphia now requires breastfeeding protections for local employees
- Court won't let jury see plaintiff's trial-victory prediction on Facebook
- How to curse out your boss on Facebook ... and get away with it!
- Same-sex training. Ok or discrimination?
- Here's why you provide a list of essential job functions when approving FMLA
- Please stand by...
- I'm on trial. (You know, my real job).
- Court: Title VII prohibits retaliation based on good-faith complaint of sexual-orientation harassment
- Will the EEOC become more employer-friendly in the Fall?
- Yes, you can fire an employee who discloses a disability at his termination meeting
- The Employment Law Blog Carnival: Instagram Edition #ELBC
- NJ Gov. Christie vetoes bill to protect unemployed job hunters
- NLRB may encourage your employees to file OSHA, FLSA claims too
- This may be the worst lie ever told on a resumé. Like ever.
- NJ Gov. Christie signs ban-the-box legislation
- An employer-defendant argued that cancer -- CANCER!!! -- is not an ADA disability
- New Hampshire becomes the latest state to pass a social media workplace law
- FMLA 101: Don't make an employee work during leave. Just don't.
- Court says having to pee uncontrollably is not an ADA disability
- Guess why dude lost his ADA failure-to-accommodate claim. (Hint: he didn't ask for one).
- Here's the wrong way to deliver FMLA notices to employees
- Learn all about religious accommodations in the workplace today at 2:00 PM EDT
- Inappropriate Facebook videos, comments doom an employee's discrimination claims
- FACT OR FICTION: The ADA requires all employers to offer light duty.
- Disclosing an employee's medical info on Facebook is hella-stupid
- Two years ago, no one gave this a second thought.
- Court: No First Amendment right for teacher to trash students online
- Is it discrimination to favor a workplace shortie (shawtie?) over her male subordinates?
- EEOC shows no goodwill to Goodwill Industries: $100K for retaliation
- #TBT The Employer Handbook seeks your feedback
- Real and Spectacular! A true Seinfeld-ian claim of sexual harassment
- Requesting an accommodation means more than saying, "I'm disabled."
- Today, President Obama will sign an Executive Order banning LGBT discrimination
- Can a NJ company legally shorten the statute of limitations on employment claims?
- Court: No need to accommodate employee who shows up drunk on Mike's Hard Lemonade
- Another PA court concludes that "fluctuating workweek" is dead in PA
- 5 HR Essentials from the #EEOC's New Pregnancy Discrimination Guidance
- What LeBron's return teaches employers about accommodating the Mark of the Beast
- Survey reveals the top social media faux pas that doom job applicants
- Court: Pregnancy discrimination can still occur four months after childbirth
- Six degrees of Kevin Bacon, err, social media and the workplace
- All that for a bag of chips: Walgreens pays $180K to settle ADA claim
- Why employee use of social media "off the clock" may still impact your workplace
- The importance of communication during FMLA leave
- Dating app maker Tinder sued for, you guessed it, sexual harassment
- 3 ways the #HobbyLobby decision affects your workplace
- Fired employee claims a paint company's paint names are racist
- Black man claims a paint company's paint is racist and he was fired for complaining
- Supreme Court: President Obama botched those NLRB recess appointments
- Score? US Men's Soccer's permission slip so your employees can miss work today
- #SHRM14 updates from the best of the bloggerati
- Nooses, n-words, and confederate flags, but no discrimination #shrm14
- Nooses, n-words, and confederate flags, but no discrimination #shrm14
- What HR should know about same-sex marriage and the FMLA #SHRM14
- Survey reveals the top workplace productivity killers (Hint: one rhymes with "mocial sedia")
- #SHRM14: Let's grab coffee (you're buying)
- 3d Cir: No FMLA interference where employee receives all leave requested
- President Obama to ban LGBT discrimination by federal contractors -- eventually
- EEOC sues a nonprofit that assists the disabled for, yep, disability discrimination
- Apparently, you can curse your boss out and still keep your job
- If you have questions today about FMLA/ADA leave issues, I've got your hook up
- The firefighter afraid of fighting fires loses his ADA claim. Right, you guys? Right?!?
- "If It Looks Like a Duck, And Quacks Like A Duck, It Might Be A - Fiduciary?"
- Ban the box is one step closer to becoming law throughout New Jersey
- “If It Looks Like a Duck, And Quacks Like A Duck, It Might Be A – Fiduciary?”
- Court: Two butt grabs from a male boss would not offend an objectively, reasonable female
- A lawyer is literally starving himself to raise awareness for social media firings
- Employment at-will trumps the 2nd Amendment (Yes, you can fire the employee who shoots a gun at work)
- Dust off that resume when your students really "like" that Facebook post of your face on a beer label
- Just how badly did a federal appellate court trash extended leave as a reasonable accommodation?
- For the love of God, bar owners! Train your employees not to liken beer to domestic violence.
- An ADA reasonable accommodation just has to be reasonable -- not the employee's first choice
- An ADA accommodation just has to be reasonable -- not the employee's first choice
- Two more states just made it illegal for employers to demand social media passwords
- The Employment Law Blog Carnival: Small Business Edition #ELBC
- Firing a sick employee just before she is FMLA-eligible is very risky
- How yesterday's federal court strike of PA's same-sex marriage ban affects employers
- Three employees fired for posing at work in KKK garb and makeshift crosses claim discrimination. Yep.
- Should U.S. employers provide "paid menstrual leave"?
- Tennessee has a social media workplace privacy law now, y'all
- PA Superior Court closes non-competition-agreement loophole
- You've heard of the "one-free-grope" rule. How about the "two-free-slurs" rule?
- My employee deleted all of her work emails and quit. Can I sue her for that?
- Minimum wage bump coming for employees of many Philly contractors
- Survey shows that working moms earns less, but are satisfied with their jobs
- Social media in the workplace: what's legal; what's not? #nextchat
- Yes, you can have a hostile work environment based on sexual stereotyping.
- Your contractor is a sexual harasser? You may still be on the hook.
- FACT OR FICTION: There is such a thing as a reverse-disability claim?
- Withdrawing a job offer because of an applicant's prior injury may violate the ADA
- GUEST POST: 4 Overtime Myths Debunked
- Apparently, selling "Wake The [expletive] Up" coffee raises the "for cause" termination bar
- Teacher can't return to work two weeks after maternity leave ends, but may have an ADA claim
- Plaintiff demands that a court order her alleged sexual harasser to photograph his penis for inspection
- I ran my mouth for an hour and six minutes about the FMLA/ADA interplay
- ALJ strikes social media policy disclaimer for work-related speech
- Sixth Circuit redefines the "workplace" when considering attendance as an ADA essential job function
- As of Sunday, Philadelphia businesses without this workplace poster are breaking the law
- There is no right to be completely left alone while on FMLA leave
- Employment Law Blog Carnival - Pick Your Holiday Edition
- The ADA may require companies to accommodate employee theft. Yep, stealing.
- What are employers doing about employees who do their taxes -- at work!?!
- This is one badass labor and employment law roundtable
- A 79-year-old teacher was fired for refusing to unfriend her students on Facebook
- What's hot at the EEOC? Plus, a legal roadmap for managing the aging workforce.
- Playing golf and having sex are major life activities under the ADA
- ACA Update: Why Your Company Should Be Tracking Employees' Hours Now
- Announcing The Employer Handbook LinkedIn Group
- 3d Cir. on FLSA successor-in-interest liability. Or, as I like to put it, "No Blog Hits" Day
- 2 million reasons to avoid the EEOC's same-sex-harassment crosshairs
- A post about David Crosby, alcohol, and the ADA
- When the supervisor offers an employee $$$ to have sex with his wife, that's not gender bias, you guys
- The guy who was fired for peeing in a cup in front of his co-worker claims disability discrimination
- About last night...
- Wages aren't confidential, you guys. Your employees can discuss them.
- FACT OR FICTION: You must provide FMLA to someone who potentially qualifies for it
- FACT OR FICTION: You must provide FMLA to someone who "potentially" qualifies for it
- Court reasons that unreasonably withdrawing a reasonable accommodation is reason for employee to win ADA suit
- Plaintiff-employee destroys Facebook posts about her case; court destroys her
- This may just be the greatest union-avoidance banner evah!
- The March Edition of the Employment Law Blog Carnival is LIVE!!!
- That's what she said: How to navigate the pitfalls of the FCRA
- Democrats seek to undo 2013 Supreme Court ruling defining workplace "supervisor"
- New Law Imposes Additional Requirements on Residential Landlords in New Jersey
- Is it unreasonable to tell your boss to stop sexually harassing you?
- "YOU WILL REGRET THAT TATTOO (AND PIERCING)"
- What is it exactly that President Obama wants to do to the FLSA?
- What the EEOC wants companies to know about social media and employment discrimination
- FACT OR FICTION: An FMLA-eligible employee can decline FMLA leave
- VIDEO: Justin Bieber is a smug and very arrogant deponent
- Check out the new EEOC guidance on workplace religious accommodations
- Accessing Your Employee's Social Media Accounts May Violate Federal Law
- Employee wins sexual harassment case. (Employee is a prostitute)
- "Bottled Water Bottled Up? Staying Ahead of the Law"
- “Bottled Water Bottled Up? Staying Ahead of the Law”
- CHEATSHEET: How to pay employees for Daylight Savings Time work
- That National Football League's proposed "N"-word penalty: too far, or not far enough?
- The National Football League's proposed "N"-word penalty: too far, or not far enough?
- Choking a female co-worker and telling her she likes it rough could be sexual harassment
- Daughter's Facebook post costs dad $80k employment settlement
- I'm using pitcher Carlos Martinez's porn-filled Twitter feed to teach you a social-media-and-the-workplace lesson.
- Mohawks in the workplace aren't gay. Stupid, but not gay.
- Requiring a doctor's note for each FMLA absence may be unlawful
- Employees who social network at work for 20 minutes are happier -- and no less productive
- "May it please the Court. Being overweight is just like having a neon-green mohawk."
- Well, that's a messed up workplace religious accommodation request
- Does the ADA require accommodating a graveyard shift employee with insomnia?
- Bad things happen when management laments to HR that black people are ugly
- 3 minor leaguers claim Major League Baseball violated the Fair Labor Standards Act
- FACT OR FICTION: Snow + Office Closed = FMLA Day
- Are lots of your severance agreements retaliatory? EEOC says yes.
- An employee sued her employer for involuntary servitude. Yep, slavery.
- New Philadelphia law requires accommodations for pregnant employees
- New bill in Congress will revamp FMLA to cover smaller employers
- NLRB renews its effort to expedite union elections
- Employee claims discrimination, then her friend gets fired. Is that retaliation?
- Husband's "kill list" is your green light to fire an employee on FMLA
- GUEST POST: Six Tips for Employers Filing for an H-1B Visa
- The hella-worst job interview blunders evah!
- Employee's sexual harassment claims advance to trial because boobs
- What happens in Vegas, becomes an FMLA claim. Really.
- The Supreme Court on FLSA, donning, doffing, and Daft Punk!
- FACT OR FICTION: A temporary disability may be an ADA disability
- NJ now bans discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions
- The guy fired for grab-ass at work may have been discriminated against
- Social media? Anti-harassment? No workplace policy can prevent something this stupid...
- GUEST POST: What legal rights do unpaid interns have?
- Why a single kiss could have one employer in boiling hot legal water
- And we have an early contender for worst employment-law decision of 2014
- GUEST POST: HR Department of One
- Joely Caroline Meyer
- Maybe Facebook can't tell you if a candidate is worth hiring, after all
- ADA leave requests may be verbal or written, just not telepathic
- GUEST POST: Flexible Work Location for FLSA-Exempt Employees
- Judge slashes jury award for black plaintiff called the "N"-word -- by her black boss
- EEOC thrashes Scientologist employer that allegedly made workers scream at ashtrays
- "Rise before The Employer Handbook; kneel before The Employer Handbook!"
- New Year's Resolution: Social media training for your workforce
- The most clicked, hella-best HR-compliance updates from 2013!!!
- A general manager may have to pay his employer's wage-and-hour debts
- Teacher fired over Facebook groping photo could get her job back
- So your public relations executive just tweeted a racist joke that went viral...
- Last day to vote for The Employer Handbook as a top employment-law blog
- PA Gov. Corbett announces support for ban on LGBT workplace discrimination
- Proposed bill banning credit checks on employees and applicants reintroduced
- Telling an employee her "big fat ass needs to concentrate on losing weight" is not discrimination
- New bill in Congress would provide paid family and medical leave
- Your President/CEO may have to pay your company's wage and hour debts herself
- GUEST POST: Hidden Substance Use at Work
- FACT OR FICTION: Employers may discriminate based on family status
- Camouflage toilet paper and 9 of the other most unusual coworker holiday gifts
- Must an employer ask if a disability is causing poor job performance?
- GUEST POST: What HR needs to know about how immigration law impacts firing decisions
- HR's 2013 Performance Review (via SHRM's #nextchat)
- Employers may force employees not to file class actions
- Pregnancy isn't a workplace disability, but how about morning sickness?
- Employee legally fired for complaining on Facebook about the boss' "creapy hands"
- ABA Journal names The Employer Handbook a top law blog (again)! #TeamHandbook
- Women fired after getting sniffed by men 24 times may have a retaliation claim
- Woman fired after getting sniffed by men 24 times may have a retaliation claim
- To all the employers too gun-shy to fire an employee on the day she returns from FMLA leave
- FACT OR FICTION: Giving a part-time employee full-time hours may be FMLA retaliation?
- Welcome to the Employment Law Blog Carnival: Hollywood Villains Edition
- EEOC focusing on national-origin discrimination -- what employers need to know
- The prison guard who left the work-release inmates unattended lost his discrimination claim
- NLRB ok's firing of two employees who trashed their company on Facebook
- New bill in PA House would erase many local paid-sick-leave laws
- "Drug-Free Workplace Policy Builder" from the Department of Labor
- Placing do-not-hire notes in personnel files of employees who file EEOC charges is dumb
- The ADA still requires a plaintiff to show that he has a "disability"
- ENDA -- a bill banning LGBT workplace discrimination -- passes the Senate
- NJ votes to increase minimum wage to $8.25
- No pants in the office leads to sexual harassment claims, you guys.
- Senate on the brink of approving bill to improve LGBT workplace rights
- "My fake eye was falling out of its socket," and 12 other wild missed-work excuses
- FACT OR FICTION: You can ban employees from consuming alcohol -- even off the clock.
- The Boston Red Sox are the 2013 World Series Champions!!!
- Let's play: What did Senator Harry Reid say to affect your workplace?
- Philadelphia bill would require companies to accommodate pregnant employees
- Facebook photo gets female employee fired; male employee merely disciplined
- Facebook photo gets female employee fired; male employee merely reprimanded
- How not to respond when an employee complains about sexual harassment
- Court rules that company need not allow mass unscheduled prayer breaks
- New Jersey Recognizes Same Sex Marriages - Why it Matters for Pennsylvania Employers
- New NJ bill targets pregnancy and childbirth discrimination
- Nearly half of employers investigate job applicants online
- Does the FLSA require paying employees who wait in security lines at work?
- An employer is not required to change supervisors as an ADA accommodation
- That's what they said: Social media and the workplace and the lawsuits
- EEOC sues over failure to accommodate the Mark of the Beast
- NY court: Indefinite leave may be a reasonable accommodation for disabilities
- NY Court: Indefinite leave may be a reasonable accommodation for disabilities
- FACT OR FICTION: FMLA and workers' compensation may run concurrently
- Must an ADA requested accommodation correlate to an essential job function?
- Must an ADA requested accommodation correlate to an essential job function?
- Employee -- a grown man for God's sake -- claims he was fired for being a brony
- Court destroys my "Ravishing Rick Rude" theory of same-sex harassment
- Court holds that anxiety from possibly getting fired is an ADA disability.
- Fan gets fired for playing hooky to maintain his Yankee Stadium attendance streak
- New PA bill would make the Commonwealth a right-to-work state
- Woman's Kanye-inspired "take this job and shove it" video goes viral. Would YOU hire her?
- The golden rule of accommodating employees under the ADA
- Telling an employee to "focus on her health" is not disability discrimination
- 6 keys to having your age discrimination release hold up in court
- Employee asks court to stop company from making her work Saturdays
- Court ok's firing EAP employee upset with company's workplace investigation
- Does the ADA mandate transfer preferences for disabled employees?
- Your resume is in Klingon, plus 11 other ways not to impress the hiring manager
- That's what they said: Facebook "Like" under the First Amendment, same-sex marriage benefits, plus a carnival
- DOL provides guidance on home care workers and law firm internships
- How ordering cheesesteaks can help employers with disability-accommodation requests
- Lady Gaga may owe her former assistant a lot of unpaid OT
- Body shots + booty shorts + live office sex = no sexual harassment
- EEOC Commissioner Feldblum provides answers on obesity as an ADA disability
- Waitress suspended for posting racist customer receipt on Facebook
- A supervisor's swine flu death wish on an older employee leads to an age bias claim
- GUEST POST: Three keys to maximizing your onboarding success
- Under the ADA, even a 15-minute task may be an essential job function
- Jury awards $280K to black female called N-word -- by her black boss
- New NJ law bans retaliation against employees asked to give pay information
- NJ passes a business-friendly workplace social media privacy law
- What employers should know about the ADA and fitness-for-duty exams
- Enforce your notice requirements -- even for FMLA leave
- Enforce your employee call-in/notice requirements -- even for FMLA leave
- FACT OR FICTION: Permanent light duty is an ADA reasonable accommodation
- That's what they said: Solving your Labor Day employee-pay issues
- Paula Deen discrimination lawsuit dismissed after parties settle
- DOL offers the definitive word on FMLA and same-sex marriage. Kinda sorta.
- Four easy ways to break the law by viewing an employee's Facebook posts
- Employment Law Blog Carnival: The Back-to-School Edition
- New PA bill would ban sexual orientation, gender identity discrimination
- Breaking Bad: The Lost Episode (the one about Jesse's ADA lawsuit)
- What could possibly go wrong with a sham workplace investigation?
- When it comes to ADA accommodations, reasonable is good enough
- A woman sharing topless photos at work prolly isn't an invitation to grope her
- Paula Deen beats the race-discrimination claims that crushed her
- In its war on criminal background checks, the EEOC loses a major early battle
- In its war on background checks, the EEOC loses a major early battle
- Hiring managers share 10 awesome job pitches, and 10 epic fails!
- Few courts award w/c to the drunk, pot-smoker, who falls on his head while peeing
- It's THIS easy to be considered disabled under the ADA
- Want a really stupid adjective to use on an employee's performance review?
- Judge dismisses "Borgata Babes'" claims of weight discrimination
- Man pays court-ordered settlement in quarters -- 600,000 of them!
- GUEST POST: Six key aspects of an employee wellness program
- Senate confirms five members to the National Labor Relations Board
- An employee who sleeps on the job may still be qualified under the ADA
- "You can take your proposal and shove it up your ass and fire me and I'll see you in court."
- Survey underscores gap in employer/employee BYOD privacy expectations
- Princeton study reveals that older employees face "subtle bias" in the workplace
- 900,000 reasons not to judge a book by its cover
- Who fires the 68-year-old right after her great performance review?
- Facebook "tagging" adds a new wrinkle to social media discovery
- NJ victims of domestic violence, sexual assault can now get leave from work
- That's what they said: Lotsa NLRB news, and an employment-law carnival
- How 3 NFL players' mea culpa will improve your social media policy
- GUEST POST: 3 ways to avoid Macy's recent immigration workplace problems
- Iowa S. Ct.: Upon review, firing the attractive female was not sex discrimination
- The unintended consequences of a new social media workplace law
- One step closer to federally-protected LGBT rights in the workplace
- Obesity as a workplace disability? One court bucks the trend and says no.
- Following homophobic slur, NHL player quits Twitter
- The six social media faux pas that may cost you that big job
- The one about the porta-potty harassment
- YYYOUCH! Employee fired for refusing Brazilian wax claims sex discrimination.
- George Zimmerman trial lessons: How not to use social media
- No non-compete in the offer letter, but here's a way to enforce one...
- Iowa S. Ct. to reconsider if it's legal to fire an employee for her irresistible attraction
- Supreme Court DOMA ruling "In Plain English"; impact on employers
- Employee teased with small penis jokes has a viable sexual harassment claim
- Supreme Court delivers two -- count 'em TWO -- wins for employers
- When a hostile work environment isn't a hostile work environment
- Yo 11: Nevada now has a social media workplace privacy law too
- Paula Deen didn't exactly deny those allegations of race discrimination
- 28 ways to avoid breaking the law when hiring summer interns
- The ADA way to require psych counseling for an employee
- Grab-ass in the workplace may be sexual harassment, you guys
- Can height be a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act?
- The most cockamamie excuse evah for firing a pregnant employee
- #SHRM13 ROLL CALL!!!
- Does firing a law firm associate for discussing wages violate federal labor law?
- The ethical tightrope of social media as a litigation tool
- "What do you mean, 'you people'?"
- Not for Teacher: Court denies request to miss Tuesdays for Sabbath
- Tough HR issues: ADA and extending a leave of absence
- Firing a woman for lactating at work is against the law
- Supreme Court passes on ADA transfer accommodation case
- Employee alleges he got the "Office Space," claims age discrimination
- New federal bill would expand FLSA to protect salaried new moms
- Oregon has a new workplace social media law. Is a federal law next?
- Employee posts "FIRE ME...Make my day..." on Facebook. And guess what?
- Washington is the 9th state with a social media workplace privacy law
- EEOC talks employer wellness programs; provides an ADA Q&A
- Ha Ha! You pulled my pants down! Now I'm suing you for sexual harassment.
- New Philly law rewards employers for health benefits to LGBT employees
- GUEST POST: Wage Theft Quietly Becoming a Major Problem in Today's Workplace
- I miss my mom
- Colorado now has a social media workplace privacy law too
- 3d Cir: Obama NLRB recess appointments (Becker too) were unconstitutional
- FMLA for same-sex couples? Possibly. But, a carnival? Definitely!
- Court orders re-hiring a teacher who wished her students a watery death
- Horniest boss ever? His employee still can't prove sexual harassment.
- House passes bill permitting employees to swap OT for comp time
- Appeals Court: NLRB union-rights poster violates free-speech rights
- NJ Gov. Christie vetoes proposed workplace social media law
- Fact or Fiction: It's ok to fire an employee for pro-union Facebook posts to NON-employees
- "At your age, David, you hadn't even thought about retiring?"
- A record-setting EEOC verdict, and a judge puns about strip clubs
- Wooooo pig sooie! Arkansas gets a workplace social media privacy law
- Third Circuit says VIPs cannot sue for Title VII discrimination
- GUEST POST: How To Deal With Workplace Bullying As An Employer
- Will Congress finally greenlight LGBT rights in the workplace?
- A Not So Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
- Irresistible attraction, three-ways, and more fun and games
- I'll take Supreme Court Justices on retaliation for $500, Alex.
- Congress blocks proposed ban on requests for employee social media passwords
- GUEST POST: How Tech Creates Add'l Challenges in Today's Workplace
- SURVEY: Should you friend your boss on Facebook?
- Breaking Bad? NM is the 6th state to pass social media workplace law
- RIP: Philadelphia Paid Sick Leave Bill
- Employee caught in a pick, Supreme Court scratches her FLSA claims
- Information on how you can help Boston #PrayForBoston
- Four ways to successfully defend an Equal Pay Act claim
- Remove my stitches! And 14 other all-time crazy requests from the boss
- Fired and told "you're a little too old for your job," Old Rose LOSES her age-bias claim
- An employee using the "honest belief" doctrine in a bias case? As if!
- Cashing In On Cyber Security Checks
- Even rarely performed job functions may be "essential" under the ADA
- The importance of addressing sex stereotyping in the workplace
- I was attacked by a bear! -- and 8 other lame excuses for being late to work
- Are Flounder from Animal House and Left Ear from The Italian Job "disabled"?
- FireMe! app outs Twitter users who talk smack about their jobs
- Tips from Facebook on getting discovery of a plaintiff's Facebook page
- Leave as an ADA reasonable accommodation; when is enough...enough?
- Utah becomes the fifth state with a workplace social-media privacy law
- Who Would Want a Lawyer Involved in Business Decisions . . .
- Who Would Want a Lawyer Involved in Business Decisions . . .
- POLL RESULTS: Here's what you said about the #Donglegate firing
- Feeling "maybe overworked" is not an FMLA "serious health condition"
- POLL: Was the #Donglegate firing fair?
- Employee gets fired for tweeting complaints about discrimination
- Firing for *&$%-laced Facebook post is not reverse-race discrimination, you guys
- STUDY: Your social media policy hits the right legal issues, but...
- It's the March edition of The Employment Law Blog Carnival
- Supreme Court to tackle age discrimination
- Is rejecting a sexual advance, without reporting it, protected activity?
- That's what he said: The infamous Eagle v. Morgan LinkedIn case is ovah!
- GUEST POST: A guide to creating a comfortable workplace
- NLRB to ask Supreme Court to review its latest recess appointments
- 100% pure settlement offer? If not, it may be ADMISSIBLE...AT...TRIAL!
- 100% pure settlement offer? If not, it may be ADMISSIBLE ... AT ... TRIAL!
- An EEOC complaint is not your free pass to goof off at work
- New FMLA requirements on posters and notices start today
- In 77 tweets, what employers can learn about EEOC enforcement #EEOCHR
- CHEATSHEET: How to pay employees for Daylight Saving Time work
- New federal bill would ban credit checks on employees and applicants
- New federal bill would expand FMLA to cover part-time employees
- How can the EEOC improve? Tweet your feedback with hashtag #QCP
- Sandy Update - Deadlines for FEMA and SBA Loan Applications Extended
- Sandy Update – Deadlines for FEMA and SBA Loan Applications Extended
- GUEST POST: The Budding Burden of BYOD - Legal Issues Abound
- A new workplace social-networking privacy bill surfaces in Philly
- Repeatedly discussing your employee's sex life with her is bad, you guys.
- Yahoo! has a new no-telecommuting rule. Here's why it may be unlawful.
- @Eric_B_Meyer on DriveThruHR #dthr
- 8 employee-handbook tips from Django Unchained. Yes, seriously.
- Supreme Court to determine what "clothes" are under the FLSA.
- Manager's drunk Facebook threats + Boss's Buddha blogging = retaliation claim?
- GUEST POST: The ADA and Test-Taking
- Bitter Barista blogs his way out of job by smack-talking customers, boss
- Will Congress expand FMLA to include bereavement leave?
- "Hurricane Sandy Ate My Homework"
- "Rebuilding After Sandy: NJ's Emergency Flood Elevation Rule"
- "The Employee/Independent Contractor Question"
- "You've Been Served. Check Your Mail."
- "NJ's Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act"
- "Might Social Media Not Work For You?"
- "I Can't Read this Contract"
- “Hurricane Sandy Ate My Homework”
- “Rebuilding After Sandy: NJ’s Emergency Flood Elevation Rule”
- Keep an eye out for a new paid-sick-leave bill in Congress
- Pennsylvania nears a game-changing whistleblower-law amendment
- Facebook photos from a Mexican vacation foil an employee's FMLA claims
- Paid Sick Leave In Philadelphia - Round 2
- Employees who no-call/no-show for a month lose FMLA lawsuits
- National Right to Work? Plus, SCOTUS to take up Obama recess appointments
- Case of Borat Discrimination for Make Benefit Glorious Resources of Humans
- GUEST POST: Shocking Consequences of Social Media In The Workplace
- New bill in PA would prohibit unemployment discrimination
- Employee posts "I wish I could get fired" on Facebook. Guess what happened?
- Discrimination claims drop in '12; The Employer Handbook go BOOM!
- OMG! Must we grant our employee's religious-accommodation request?
- The 25 CRAZAZIEST job-interview questions of 2013
- Holy smokes! As in, up in smoke for Obama's Labor Board selections
- New app promises to sanitize your employees' Facebook pages
- Fact or Fiction: Your employee's nasty facial scar may be a disability
- Supreme Court to decide how an employee must prove Title VII retaliation
- Where do WEDGIES fit into your progressive discipline policy?
- Court ok's firing teacher who called students 'future criminals' on Facebook
- Who are YOU to tell ME that I'm not offended by sexual harassment?!?
- HOW TO: Properly address disability accommodation when hiring
- School-bus driver calls student "little bitch" on Facebook, gets fired, and sues?!?
- ADA reasonable accommodations for these Looney Tunes
- Firing employees who complain about managers consensually sexing the help? Legal.
- Court countenances canning complainers of consensual canoodling
- 3 essential FMLA tools for your HR-compliance arsenal
- This is my new go-to social-media-discovery judicial opinion
- By far, the WORST job in America (allegedly, of course)
- Religious accommodation required for an employee's veganism? Yep.
- Religious accommodation required for an employee's veganism? Maybe.
- The Employer Handbook turns 2; and the NLRB keeps hatin' on employers
- With employers like THIS, it's gonna be a busy 2013 for the lawyers.
- Michigan is now the fourth state to protect employee online privacy
- My 5 best posts of 2012, as selected by the world's best readers*
- It's legal to fire a female employee because of her "irresistible attraction"
- Federal employee receives a 5-page written warning for...farting?!?
- Federal employee receives a 5-page written warning for . . . farting?!?
- 6 EEOC priorities over the next 4 years and the impact on your business
- Swine flu as an ADA disability? What would Ozzy and Sharon say?
- Pay it forward: HR and Employment-law style
- Does the law require transfers for employees seeking medical treatment?
- When can an employer require an exempt employee to take unpaid leave?
- How Employer Words and Actions Can Make FMLA Apply, Even When It Doesn't
- If your employee did THIS on Facebook, what would you do?
- New "Top Jobs for 2013" list will make many of my readers VERY happy
- Fact or Fiction: Breaks/lunch taken at work may qualify for FMLA
- HO HO NO! Facebook comments get Santa Claus fired...twice!
- HR testifies that employee firing was FMLA retaliation (you read that right)
- HR'S 2012 performance review #nextchat
- I can't believe you missed these workplace blockbusters, you guys!
- EEOC: Bar claimed males like their Sunday servers sans embryo
- "Younger people are the future" comment creates age-bias claim
- Boy meets girl, dates girl, breaks up, calls girl "whore," gets fired, sues for discrimination
- Christian employee + Ramadan bagel party = hostile work environment?
- That's what he said: SCOTUS hears argument on who is a "supervisor"
- The most blunt same-sex sexual harassment judicial opinion...evah!
- If your employees did THIS on Facebook, what would you do?
- Carnival of HR: Cyber Monday Edition
- Four lessons employers can learn from the Petraeus scandal
- Racially hostile work environment? Depends on which "n"-word.
- Confession & Profession: When a co-worker overshares...
- Social Media SHOW (and Tell)
- Employment Law Blog Carnival: Hollywood Casting Call Edition
- That's what he said: Attorney Tips for Seeking Social Media Discovery
- Obama's re-election evokes ugly Facebook-racism from some employees
- Guest Post: 5 Basics Every Employer Should Know about the ADA
- Facebook pics of employee boozing at a festival ruin her FMLA claim
- Paying banana boxes of food as OT is not an a-peeling option
- 2 tips to help your social media policy withstand NLRB scrutiny
- SURVEY: When it comes to politics at work, mum's the word
- It's not disability discrimination when you don't know about the disability.
- NLRB breathes new life into your "at-will" employment disclaimers
- You be the judge: Can this employer enforce its general release?
- Salty about Sandy: 20 Hurricane tweets from your employees
- An HR guide to the workplace implications of Hurricane Sandy
- GUEST POST: 5 Disability-Discrimination-Law Basics for Employers
- New equal-rights rules for NJ employers take effect next month
- Fact or Fiction: FMLA covers a tummy-tuck procedure
- What happens in Vegas, becomes an FMLA claim
- Employee's Twitter hatin' costs him unemployment benefits
- 10 excuses for missing work that are more creative than yours
- 144 "N"-words, but black employees can't prove they were offended
- Fact or Fiction: Opposing an employee's u/c request may be Title VII retaliation
- Everything's bigger in Texas. Even the Facebook stupidity.
- 172 resources to up employment flexibility in your workplace
- Psst...there's a hella-good new blog for HR and employment law
- Utilityman can't climb utility poles, but has ADA claim against utility company
- Does the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act cover lost LinkedIn business opportunities?
- You’ve heard of the FBI’s National Sex Offender Registry. How about the National Sexual Harassment Registry?!? - The Legal Intelligencer
- How Facebook Can Make or Break Your Case - The legal Intelligencer
- Do You Contract With The Government? You May Need To Tell Your Employees That They Can Form A Union - The Legal Intelligencer
- Two Recent Supreme Court Decisions Provide Little Clarity for Employers- The legal Intelligencer
- Labor Department Extends FMLA to Cover Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Parents - The Legal Intelligencer
- Organized Labor Gets Their Men - The Legal Intelligencer
- A Potential Conflict of Interest Costs a Firm Millions - The Legal Intelligencer
- Is Twitter Serious Enough to Get You Sued? - The Legal Intelligencer
- Scott Brown In. Employee Free Choice Act Out. Union Spirits Down. Union Organizing Campaigns Going Up - The legal Intelligencer
- The Show Will Go On - The Legal Intelligencer
- What Have You Done About Employee Use of Facebook and Twitter? - The legal Intelligencer
- Employers Must Now Tread Even More Carefully With Employee Requests for FMLA Leave - The Legal Intelligencer
- Exporting an American Original: The Class Action- The Legal Intelligencer
- Race Claims Under 29 U.S.C. § 1981 Will Not Survive Where Earlier Title VII Claims Based on Same Facts Have Been Dismissed - The Legal Intelligencer
- Channeling Daniel Webster: A Warning Shot About Affidavits - The Legal Intelligencer
- Have Class Actions Become Like the Wild Kingdom? - The Legal Intelligencer
- Movie Studios See Red - The Legal Intelligencer
- Watch What You Tweet - The Legal Intelligencer
- Will the Department of Justice Help You Get an iPhone? - The Legal Intelligencer
- It’s Still ‘Hail to the Redskins’ -- At Least for Now - The Legal Intelligencer
- States Push Back Against Supreme Court’s Leegin Decision - The Legal Intelligencer
- Much Ado About Nothing? Recent Coverage of Lawyers’ Conflicts in the Broadcom and Stanford Cases - The Legal Intelligencer
- Supreme Court Declines to Hear FTC’S Appeal of Antitrust Case Against Rambus Inc. - The Legal Intelligencer
- Supreme Court Squeezes Price Squeeze Claims - The Legal Intelligencer
- Remand Inquiries For Opt-In Class Actions Removed To Federal Court Under CAFA - The Legal Intelligencer
- How the Words in a Complaint Can Affect Diversity Jurisdiction Under the Class Action Fairness Act - The Legal Intelligencer
- 3rd Circuit Stresses Importance of Expert Testimony in Class Certification Proceedings - The Legal Intelligencer
- Philadelphia Business Journal Recognizes Dilworth Paxson as One Of The Top 25 Law Firms Ranked by Pro Bono Hours
- Dilworth’s Matthew I. Whitehorn To Receive Award For Public Service From Villanova University
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Linda Dale Hoffa Will Present at The Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s 23rd Annual Employment Law Institute on April 27
- Dilworth Paxson’s Linda Dale Hoffa Appeared on CBS Philly to Discuss The Criminal Charges Brought Against Philadelphia DA
- See What's New in PA's Mechanics' Lien Law According to Dilworth Paxson Partner Joseph F. Kessler
- Dilworth’s Josh Wolson Discusses President Trump’s Supreme Court Selection on the Dom Giordano Show
- Dilworth’s James Eisenhower Appeared on 6abc’s Inside Story on February 5
- Join Anthony Kyriakakis For His Campaign Kickoff
- Dilworth's Jennifer Platzkere Snyder Joined Atlanta Radio Host to Discuss Employment And Labor Regulations Under New Administration
- Dilworth’s Linda Dale Hoffa in The New Yorker on Yates Memo in Volkswagen Case
- Dilworth's Linda Dale Hoffa Discusses Yates Memo and U.S. Attorney General Nominee Jeff Sessions' Testimony in Law360
- Dilworth Paxson's Jennifer Cordes Writes Tax Appeal Bulletin Titled "Is a Property Tax Appeal the Correct Decision for You?"
- Dilworth’s Ajay Raju and James Eisenhower Appeared on 6abc’s Inside Story on January 8
- Dilworth Partner Josh Wolson Shares His Assessment on SCOTUS Decision Regarding Apple v. Samsung Patent Dispute
- Dilworth Paxson's Josh Wolson Writes Opinion Piece on U.S. International Trade Commission
- Linda Dale Hoffa, Dilworth Paxson Partner, Presented at The POWER of Professional Women Event On Dec. 8
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Linda Dale Hoffa Appeared on CBS Philly to Discuss The Legal Ramifications of Philadelphia Being a Sanctuary City
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Josh Wolson Writes Blog Post on Apple v. Samsung Decision
- Dilworth Paxson's Eric Meyer's The Employer Handbook Again Ranked Top 100 Blog By The ABA Journal
- The Government Workplace: Free Speech Rights of Public Employees
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Linda Dale Hoffa Discusses Possible Successors for Phila.'s Next Federal Prosecutor
- Dilworth Paxson’s James Eisenhower Will Appear on 6abc’s Inside Story on November 20
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Eric Meyer Appears on CBS Philly to Discuss Social Media Ramifications
- Jennifer Platzkere Snyder on the NLRB in The Wall Street Journal
- Dilworth's Linda Dale Hoffa Provides Insight on PA's Next Attorney General Josh Shapiro
- Dilworth’s Jordan Rand Asks Judge to Halt Margate Dunes Project Until Lawsuit is Decided
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Graham Laub to Co-Moderate 2016 Securities Litigation and Regulatory CLE on November 10
- Federalist Society to Host Judge Michael Fisher of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit at Dilworth Paxson on October 24
- Dilworth Paxson’s James Eisenhower Appeared on Special LIVE Evening Edition of 6abc’s Inside Story on October 19
- Dilworth Paxson Partner Linda Dale Hoffa Appears on CBS Philly to Discuss Bridgegate Trial
- Dilworth's Stephen J. Harmelin and Joseph H. Jacovini to be Honored by Philadelphia Bar Association on November 3, 2016
- Dilworth’s Michael Tierney Chosen by The Philadelphia Inquirer To Help Select an Emerging Icon in the Legal Profession
- Dilworth Paxson is Hosting The Safe America Foundation CEO Network Summit On October 17
- Dilworth Paxson's James Eisenhower Will Appear On 6abc’s Inside Story On October 9
- U.S. Supreme Court Held Mock Historical Trial with Linda Dale Hoffa as Trial Counsel
- The Richardson Dilworth Awards: Philadelphia Honors Three of its Best and Brightest
- Dilworth Paxson Attorneys to Present at Rehabilitation and Community Providers Association’s State Wide Conference
- Dilworth Paxson Partner To Participate In Georgia v. Brailsford Reenactment
- DEA Announcement: Increasing Number of Federally Authorized Marijuana Growers
- Join Us for a Webinar Panel Discussion: What’s on the Horizon in Privacy and Data Security?
- REGISTRATION CLOSED: Webinar: How to Navigate Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Under the FMLA/ADA
- Seven Steps For Employers To Take To Address The DOL Overtime Final Rule
- Leading Edge Logistics, LLC Seeks to Recover Payments From Creditors
- UPDATE: DOL ISSUES FINAL RULES DOUBLING EXEMPTION THRESHOLD
- Three Dilworth Paxson Attorneys Recognized for Their Outstanding Work
- Will Your Exempt Employees Be Reclassified as Non-Exempt and Entitled to Overtime Under the Proposed FLSA Overtime Regulations?
- James Landgraf Moderating 'Ethical Red Flags for Commercial Litigators'
- Josh Wolson Writes on Why The SCOTUS Was Right To Take Samsung V. Apple
- Watch Linda Dale Hoffa on WFMZ-TV 69, a CNN affiliate, "The American Law Journal"
- Expanded "Ban the Box" Law Takes Effect
- Cosby's Lawsuit Unlikely to Shake Prosecutors
- ERISA Plan Fiduciaries Must Aggressively Pursue Subrogation Rights or Potentially Lose Out
- Former Montgomery County District Attorney To Testify In Cosby Sex Assault Case
- Fattah's Attorneys Bound By Ethical Duty Despite Unpaid Bills
- Presume Cosby's innocence, and let the jury decide case
- Cosby case, filed just under the wire, spurs scrutiny of statutes of limitations
- Gift Rules Are Changing for Municipal Advisors
- RadioShack Liquidating Trustee Seeking Recovery of Preferences
- Anticipating Criminal Charges Against Volkswagen
- DOJ to Prosecute More Company Officials and Employees for Corporate Crimes
- What In-House Counsel Can Learn From Major League Baseball's Computer Hacking Scandal
- Are Your Pay Practices for Independent Contractors Federally Compliant?
- Employer Alert: New Overtime Rules?
- Will Your Business Be Impacted? NJ Assembly Statute of Limitations Bill
- Dilworth Named to The National Law Journal’s 2015 Midsize Hot List
- Dilworth proud to support The Germination Project Draft Day Gala
- How Long will I be on the Hook? Important Information for those involved in NJ Construction Projects
- Important: Philadelphia Sick Leave Law Starts May 13
- Another Social Media Conundrum: Is Privacy Being Used as a Smokescreen for Copyright Infringement?
- You're Invited- Keep it Legal: HR Issues in Food Service
- Tips You Need to Avoid Tipping Headaches
- Under Cromnibus, Multiemployer Pension Plans Can Cut Benefits and Other Key Recent Pension Law Changes
- Are You in Compliance with the Affordable Care Act?
- Dilworth Paxson Program Social Media @Work: The #BalancingAct Between Employer and Employee Engages HR and Business Pros, Attorneys, and the Press
- Social Media @Work, The #BalancingAct Between Employer and Employee - Important event for HR pros, business owners, and in-house counsel
- Dilworth Paxson’s Larry Holmes appointed to the Equipment Leasing and Finance Association’s Legal Committee
- IRS Creates Streamlined Procedure for Granting Tax-Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) to Small Charities
- Retirement Plan Amendments May Be Required To Reflect Supreme Court's Holding in Windsor Regarding Same-Sex Marriages
- ACA Update: Why Your Company Should Be Tracking Employees’ Hours Now
- Supreme Court Requires FICA Withholding for Certain Severance Payments in Quality Stores Ruling
- Careful What You Ask For… And How You Ask For It!
- 2014 Amendments to Philadelphia Zoning Code Impact Community Notice Rules
Events / Speaking Engagements
About Dilworth Pages
Search by Date*
*Searching by date only affects News / Events search results.