Our Mergers & Acquisitions practice group represents public and private businesses and individuals in public and private M&A transactions throughout the United States. We have represented clients in transactions ranging in size from under one million dollars to in excess of $3 billion.
Dilworth Paxson’s approach to mergers and acquisitions is to staff transactions leanly compared to other sophisticated transaction practices. In most cases, a partner will have significant hands-on involvement in the matter and will generally work with only one corporate associate on each transaction. We are able to bring in specialists in tax, employment law, employee benefits, intellectual property, real estate and other areas of law when needed in view of a particular transaction. The attorneys in our M&A practice group also provide the necessary skills in securities laws and financing so that we can complete transactions with minimal “hand offs” to other attorneys in the firm, increasing our efficiency.
Our clients include Fortune 100 companies, non-profit organizations, private equity portfolio companies and closely-held businesses. Their industries include manufacturing, publication, insurance, banking and other services. Regardless of the size or nature of the transaction, we work hard to ensure that our clients’ expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Purchase by local ownership group of two largest daily newspapers in Philadelphia
- Merger of independent truck leasing associations to form largest truck leasing network in U.S.
- Purchase of behavioral health managed care company by large health insurance company
- Sale of a national home warranty business to a private equity firm
- Represented public bank holding company in its acquisition of a public bank holding company
- Sale of customs broker and freight forwarder to a private equity firm
- Sale by Fortune 100 company of retail fuel division
- Represented special committee of a food manufacturer in a “going private” transaction