Mark Fiore is a litigator and business counselor representing businesses, individuals, and bankruptcy trustees in complex litigation, distressed financial situations, and business transactions throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Mark has represented businesses and individuals in partnership disputes, breach of contract litigation, restrictive covenant claims, business torts, data security response and risk management, professional liability, employment litigation, as well as regulatory and white-collar investigations. Mark also counsels businesses on day-to-day issues including litigation avoidance, entity formation, capital structure, leasing and operational issues.
As a bankruptcy and restructuring advisor, Mark has represented various constituencies in both out-of-court and in-court restructurings, reorganizations, workouts and liquidations, including debtors, lenders, unsecured creditors, and trustees.
Mark’s practice also involves bankruptcy litigation, where he has represented clients in a variety of adversary proceedings and contested matters, including, among others, the prosecution and defense of preference actions, distressed asset sales, claims objections, and fraudulent conveyance proceedings.
- Represented a closely-held international distributor in a complex oppressed shareholder action resulting in the dismissal of multiple claims and the dissolution of the minority shareholder’s interest.
- Represented the Chapter 7 Trustee of a liquidating trust in the prosecution of over $11 million in clawback claims for preferences and fraudulent transfers.
- Represented an international staffing firm in the defense of Federal employment discrimination claims resulting in a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Represented a commercial developer in a Federal mortgage and bank fraud investigation resulting in a corporate plea for nominal restitution and no individual charges.
- Successfully appealed an assessment by the New Jersey Division of Pension and Benefits for over $2 million in allegedly improper early retirement incentive payments by a public school district, resulting in a complete withdrawal of the assessment by the State.
- Represented a commercial landlord in the workout and refinancing of 43 cross-collateralized properties after default on a multi-million dollar loan facility.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Member, Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Member, Philadelphia County Bar Association
Speeches & Presentations
- "Preference Litigation: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished," New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, January, 2014
- "Cyber Security and Institutional Risk Management," New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants, July, 2014.