Marc A. Feller
Partner; Chair, Public Finance Group
Marc Feller focuses on all aspects of public finance transactions and municipal representation. Marc’s experience includes transportation and infrastructure financing (including P3 issues), hospital and other health care and 501(c)(3) financings, solid waste and general obligation bonds, and distressed municipalities. His clients typically include issuers, underwriters, conduit borrowers, trustees, and counterparties. He has worked on numerous derivative transactions including the tax structuring necessary for integration and termination. He has represented bond issuers, taxpayers, and other parties in IRS examinations of municipal bonds, as well as examinations of income, estate, and gift tax returns. Marc also serves as Chair of Dilworth's Technology Committee.
- Represented the City of Allentown, PA in the development and financing of a sports arena and convention facility and associated economic development projects in a Neighborhood Improvement Zone established under new state legislation.
- Represented county solid waste authority in the development, financing, and refinancing of a municipal waste incinerator including structuring the legal framework for waste capture.
- Served as Bond Counsel in long-term lease financing of Harrisburg parking assets.
- Served as Bond Counsel and Disclosure Counsel to the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission covering toll revenue, oil franchise tax, and registration fee credits. Also serves as Bond Counsel to other toll road and bridge issuers.
- Serves as Bond Counsel to major healthcare and educational organizations and obligated groups involving 501(c)(3) financings and refinancings.
- Served as borrower’s counsel to a major port owner in Southern NJ for acquisition of a marine port facility in a complex workout scenario.
- Represented issuers in complex restructurings of defaulted debt including through Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Represents issuers in IRS examinations of municipal bonds focusing on arbitrage and rebate issues, GIC analysis, private use, and other matters.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Bond Counsel
- Member, Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Exempt Finance Subcommittee
- Twenty Year Board Member, U.S. Selective Service System (Montgomery County, PA)
- Board Member and Trustee, Golden Slipper Club and Charities
- Public Finance “Lawyer of the Year” for Eastern, PA by Best Lawyers in Philadelphia®, 2014
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Public Finance Law, 2012-2016
- Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2015
News / Events
Events / Speaking Engagements
- LL.M., Taxation, New York University, 1977
- J.D., with honors, George Washington University, 1974
- B.A., magna cum laude, Economics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Phi Beta Kappa, 1971