Christie Callahan Comerford
Christie Comerford concentrates her practice in commercial and complex civil litigation including healthcare, securities, intellectual property, and employment litigation. She has represented a diverse group of clients including large and small businesses, and individuals in proceedings before various federal and state courts.
- Ongoing representation since 2002 of members of the Rigas Family, former officers, directors and founders of Adelphia Communications Corporation, in complex litigation arising out of the bankruptcy of Adelphia including civil RICO adversary proceeding in the federal bankruptcy court in New York, multi-district securities fraud and shareholders’ derivative litigation in the Southern District of New York, litigation in the federal bankruptcy court and Eastern District of Pennsylvania involving advancement of defense costs under a directors’ and officers’ liability policy, state fraud claims brought by former auditor of Adelphia in Pennsylvania state court, the re-sentencing and appeal of the criminal sentences of two members of the Rigas Family in the Southern District of New York and a criminal tax case brought against those two members of the Rigas Family in the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Ongoing representation of the owners of The Philadelphia Inquirer, Daily News and philly.com in litigation in bankruptcy proceedings regarding Chapter 11 proceedings pending in Philadelphia including litigation regarding debtor-in-possession financing and credit bid rights of lenders.
- Represented local University in employment matters including alleged breach of severance agreement, discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Represented local investment advisory company in litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and District of New Jersey against former employees for, inter alia, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference with contract.
- Represented local manufacturing company in litigation, inter alia, regarding copyright infringement, unfair competition and tortious interference with prospective business relationships in federal courts in New Jersey and Oklahoma. Also represented same client in litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for breach of contract.
- Represented local health insurer in multi-million dollar fraud and consumer protection class action, as well as dozens of individual opt-outs cases.
- J.D., cum laude, Villanova University School of Law, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review, 1996
- B.A., Political Science, Minor in Business, Villanova University, 1993
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- New Jersey, 1997
- United States District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- United States District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- United States District Court District of New Jersey, 1997