The attorneys at Dilworth Paxson LLP have extensive experience in representing vehicle manufacturers and distributors in a wide variety of dealer franchise and licensing matters. Our experience ranges from long-standing representation of one of the largest automobile manufacturers/distributors in the world, to representing small specialty vehicle manufacturers and distributors in matters before state vehicle and licensing boards.
By constantly keeping abreast of industry developments, and having appeared before the Pennsylvania administrative vehicle board on a continuous and regular basis over the course of the last twenty years, Dilworth Paxson’s attorneys have the experience and insight to address issues before they turn into contentious disputes.
In the event of litigation, we have provided aggressive representation in both state and federal courts, before state vehicle and licensing boards, before arbitration and mediation panels, and in appeals from judicial and administrative agency rulings and decisions. Our litigators have defended lenders in class actions involving the sale and repossession of automobiles. These claims include alleged violations of the Uniform Commercial Code, the Motor Vehicle Sales Finance Act and other state and federal laws.
Our attorneys have consistently provided effective legal advice and successful representation to a variety of vehicle manufacturers and distributors on complex and diverse dealer franchise issues, including:
- Dealer terminations.
- Rejection of proposed new dealers for cause.
- Dealer facility issues and compliance.
- Warranty audits and chargebacks.
- Exercise of rights of first refusal.
- Dealer establishments and relocations.
- Customer satisfaction and sales effectiveness issues and disputes.
- Area of responsibility realignments.
- Market representation issues.
- Incentive program disputes.
- Floor plan and credit issues.
- Licensing issues and compliance.
- Consumer and Lemon-law claims.
Our goal is to deliver effective and timely representation in the most efficient and competitive manner. Our satisfaction is derived from our clients’ successes.